close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS-ify my existing Spry with Sculptor 3

Thread began 9/28/2009 4:37 pm by neil186288 | Last modified 9/30/2009 8:49 pm by anonymous | 4784 views | 7 replies |

neil186288

CSS-ify my existing Spry with Sculptor 3

Just bought CSS Sculptor 3 following your magnificent marketing missive: "CSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3" at:

upgrade.php?WAAID=892&utm_source=090928_Upgrade&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CSS_Sculptor_3_launch&utm_content=view_onlineCSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3

Lovely jubbly.

How do I CSS-ify my existing Spry with Sculptor 3 without going through the build a page options?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Suggs

I too would like to know this....
Ive got an exisiting web site that contains spry tabs and I would like to modify them rather than rebuild the pages.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Sculptor is a tool for creating CSS Layouts, it does not have the ability to edit existing pages. When creating a layout using CSS Sculptor, you have the ability to add and style Sry Components.

To style Srpy components on an existing layout, you will need to hand edit the CSS.

neil186288

Then forgive me Jason - you must think I'm an awkward sod by now - but that would make your "CSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3" at:

upgrade.php?WAAID=892&utm_source=090928_Upgrade&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CSS_Sculptor_3_launch&utm_content=view_online

if not actually complete rubbish, then perilously close to being capable of being construed as sharp practice. The one claim made in this promotion is that you (I) can 'CSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3'. One would expect to be able to do that. Simply that. Futhermore the sum knowledge you can learn about this from the 'Learn More' link amounts to: "*Spry Components – New! * Tab panel * Accordion panel * Collapsible panel.

Again, you only find out the conditions and limitations once you've bought the product.

I'm not sure if you guys - at your planning meetings - are seeing how close to the wind you can sail, or if nobody is actually being bothered to think about these things. It would have taken a couple of seconds to clarify on the promo that this feature applies to elements created in new sites built with CSS Sculptor.

I didn't just buy the product for this reason - I bought it because by Sculptor 2 doesn't preview in Adobe DW CS3 (although I can't get Sculptor 3 to do it either - but that's another ticket). But it was a factor in my decision, and I was disappointed.

You've got some great products - I've got a few of them - and I don't know how I managed without them. But you need to be clearer about these things. There are quite a few posts by people who read your blurb and buy your products only to find they need something else as well to do the job. You need to put some more care and attention into this.

Cologne

So "CSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3" this advertising is nothing?

When I got it by mail I thought I could design the Spry Stuff. Isnt it?

So what is that advertising for?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, you can design Spry Elements that you add to your layout using CSS Sculptor.

When Creating a layout using CSS Sculptor V3, you can add Spry Elements. CSS Sculptor V3 also allows you to apply styling to those elements.

CSS Sculptor is a tool for generating CSS Layouts. The CSS Sculptor landing page says the following in the head:
"CSS design made easy with Eric Meyer and WebAssist's easy to use CSS generator"

neil186288

Yes Jason, CSS Sculptor is great. I do like it a lot.

But "CSS design made easy with Eric Meyer and WebAssist's easy to use CSS generator" - does nothing to dissuade one from the understanding - given your promo - that you can style EXISTING spry components using sculptor.

I had sculptor 2 already - so i know what it does, but this promo leads one to believe that you can style existing components thus the big splash about spry. I really though when I bought Sculptor 3 that it would do just that, and I am somewhat incredulous that you are unable to look at the promo and see how that misconstruction might be made.

Tell you what - find someone who doesn't know about webassist - and show them your promo, then ask them what they think the software can do.

I still use and like CSS Sculptor though.

anonymous

Originally Said By: Cologne
  So "CSS-ify your Spry with Sculptor 3" this advertising is nothing?

When I got it by mail I thought I could design the Spry Stuff. Isnt it?

So what is that advertising for?  

You can design the Spry stuff... Jason was pointing out that on existing layouts, you would have to edit the CSS.

But when generating any new CSS layouts, you can certainly design your spry from the interface. It's not misleading at all, but rather misunderstood.

Cheers,

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...