close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Color not passing and JS error

Thread began 9/26/2009 9:45 am by teresa328019 | Last modified 9/30/2009 6:03 pm by Eric Mittman | 4021 views | 14 replies |

teresa328019

Color not passing and JS error

I tested my site and everything went through fine but the color did not pass like it should have. I went to open the order detail server behavior and the confirm page gave me many errors, and the WA server behaviors did not show up.

I have eCart 4.5.0 installed and have never experienced this issue before. I haven't made any changes to the checkout or confirm pages.

This is the error:

JavaScript error while loading WA PayPal ECO 1 Set.htm:
At line 746 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver
CS3:Configuration:Shared:Controls:Scripts:WATrigger.js":
ReferenceError: WA_getDocumentDOM is not defined

Sign in to reply to this post

office172461

Sounds like a cache problem.

Solving problems with Dreamweaver
146/

teresa328019

I deleted the cache file and it didn't seem to help.

I checked for the WATrigger.js file, and I don't seem to have it. Not sure what happened there. Like I said, I have made no changes to Dreamweaver or my checkout pages. Only the eCart update.

teresa328019

I also tried deleting the eCart extension, reinstalling it, and deleting the cache file. Still getting the same JavaScript errors referencing WATrigger.js

office172461

Originally Said By: teresa328019
  I also tried deleting the eCart extension, reinstalling it, and deleting the cache file. Still getting the same JavaScript errors referencing WATrigger.js  

Looks like we were both writing at the same time. :)

I don't do Mac so that's about as far as I can go. Hopefully some one that does, will chime in. Otherwise you might have to wait for support to return on Monday.

office172461

I'll assume you had DW closed when you deleted the cache.

Did you uninstall eCart before installing the update?

Did you answer "Yes to all" when it asked about overwriting the files?

teresa328019

Thanks for the quick response. I'm on a MAC using CS3. Here are my steps:

1. Close Dreamweaver
2. Remove eCart extension
3. Install extension. I do not overwrite newer files. Only older files and copies. Is this the right thing to do here?
4. Remove cache file.
5. Open checkout.php or confirm.php in Dreamweaver

I'm still getting the same errors.

office172461

The only thing I do differently is tell Extension Manager to overwrite all files (saves a lot of time) because the files are mostly support image files that have a different date but haven't changed. I don't think the way you described is the problem, it just takes longer.

Someone else on a Mac was having similar issues and they opened a support ticket for them. Unfortunately they might have to do the same for you. I'm not a Mac guy so I really don't know.

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have gone through the steps correctly to delete the cache file. I'm curious if you also tried deleting your configuration folder to see if there is some corruption issue occurring here? Please take a look at this post with the details on making this delete. If you have already done this or get the same result after trying please let us know and we will open a ticket for you to help resolve this.

Delete Configuration
showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

teresa328019

Thanks for your help. That worked with the JS errors.

However, there is still an issue with the color not passing into my database. I checked confirm.php and the 'eCart Store Datails in Database (orderdetails)' server behavior and I don't see the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...