close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installing PHP 5.3

Thread began 9/22/2009 10:58 am by GaryDCoxDFW | Last modified 9/23/2009 11:04 am by Jason Byrnes | 6110 views | 4 replies |

GaryDCoxDFW

Installing PHP 5.3

Being new to php this is m fist install, I hve done evry other type of server. I am following th einstruction and have ran into a snag, first tread safe, non-tread safe, or source code for the install. I have here the tread safe. when I get to the part about php5isapi.dll I see only a php5nsapi.dll, so a I using this dll or have i started all wrong should I be using the source code.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

php 5.3 will no install as an isapi module only as a CGI module. If you are following Our web Development Before you begin tutorial, you should not use 5.3. You should use 5.2 instead.

See the following note on page 5:
Download the PHP 5.2.10 zip file at downloads.php

Note: These instructions only work for PHP version 5.2. PHP 5.3.0 requires different instructions that are not covered in this document.

GaryDCoxDFW

Thanks for the assist

Ok you have me on the right track, many thanks

GaryDCoxDFW

Go going now it is getting the actual development to show up

Got the php info to show installed My SQL I think never did find the admin in the program files. Loaded power Store 2. Put it in directory websites/test. and cam up with a 500 error on IIS. I am really getting where I hate this version of IIS. I am running short of time I need a develpment enviroment working, I got a deadline dropped on me for October 1, and it needs to be done in PHP to be done right, and I can do it. I just need the enviroment to check the look and feel with. I am in trouble.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a generic error message that your webserver is returning. To determine what the problem is a more meaningful error message will be needed. To enable the more advanced error messaging in IIS 7 for Vista you will need to do the following:

1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools
2) Open the IIS control panel and open the ASP option
3) At the top of the ASP control area select Display: Friendly Names
4) Now go down to the Compilation area and expand Debugging Properties
5) In debugging properties make sure to set Enable Client -side Debugging, Enable Server -side debugging, and Send Errors to Browser to TRUE. Make sure to click the Apply on the right side of the page.
6) After setting the debugging you must go back to the IIS control panel and using the controls on the right side restart the server.

This will enable debugging info to display when an error occurs. This should be turned on while testing and should not be left enabled for a live server.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...