close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

Thread began 1/16/2022 8:31 am by rebuilt157571 | Last modified 1/17/2022 6:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 408 views | 2 replies |

rebuilt157571

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

I have an insert data php page that has been working fine for a year, hosted at GoDaddy Recently the ssl certificate updated and I had problems with only this website on my server. The website its self works fine, but I have an admin section for uploading data to MySql database. After the data is entered and submitted, the goto page is supposed to be: https://3dsound.org/protected/Event_Calendar_results.php I have the correct goto page listed in the php coding, but it goes back to a blank screen on this URL: https://3dsound.org/protected/Event_Calendar_insert.php If I highlight the url in the address bar and then hit my enter key the page insert page will come back up, Data is getting entered into the database OK.
I checked the error logs on the server and it shows this:

[16-Jan-2022 13:51:30 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mississippi5/public_html/3dsound.org/protected/Event_Calendar_insert.php:1) in /home/mississippi5/public_html/3dsound.org/webassist/mysqli/queryobj.php on line 688

I don't know if it is a server problem or something on my site. I did upload a backup copy of the file and got the same results,
Thanks for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In some php versions you can't redirect if the page starts to write. In your case it looks like you may have a blank line or space on line 1 of Event_Calendar_insert.php. You can't have any blank lines or spaces above the <!doctype> tag.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

rebuilt157571

Thank you very much Ray. That fixed my problem. I know PHP is very sensitive to code, but I missed that. Especially since the page had been working for some time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...