close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Single email trigger not working

Thread began 8/11/2021 6:32 am by Thomas Hill | Last modified 8/12/2021 12:01 pm by Ray Borduin | 398 views | 4 replies |

Thomas Hill

Single email trigger not working

Hi Ray,

My hosting providers upgraded me to a new platform at the beginning of last week. After a few teething problems I have discovered just one email trigger is not functioning at all. I have around 30 different email triggers across the website and all appear to be working without a problem except this one and it has me really stumped. I have attached the page and associated email and wondered if you could take a look.

The issue is with the first email (lines 140 - 160).
I have tried recreating it and even manually typing in an email address instead of using a variable for the email address. I have also tried using a simple plain email without any PHP code but nothing appears to be sent. I have made sure that the WA_Email.php is up to date (listed as version 1.20).

The email trigger which follows it (lines 161 - 181) works without a problem, and so I’ve even added myself to the CC and receive this.

This has only happened since the migration to the new server and I can’t figure out what the issue is since all my other email triggers seem to work ok.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have different FROM addresses in the two... maybe one of them is wrong. I'd check those values, maybe set the other email to the same value as the one working to be sure that isn't the issue.

If that isn't it, then I'd guess it would be an issue with the email body page. Again set them to the same value to test and be sure. Once you identify the issue then it will be easier to try to debug it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Thomas Hill

Resolved (I think) but I'm confused

Thanks for the advice but the two separate email triggers are for two separate purposes - One is customer email and the other is an internal admin notification. I have also gone through and checked the addresses and all the code in the email. I even have tried a simple plain email but nothing would send.

After several hours spent trying to resolve this, I have discovered that for some very strange reason the issue is with the subject line. The variable I use here gives the subject line of "Reservation Request":
$Email->Subject = "".($WAGLOBAL_Availability_Email_Admin_Subject) ."";

However, I tried changing it to something else such as "Email Server Test" and it worked! In conclusion, for some odd reason it will not work with the subject line of "Reservation Request" and so in the end I have settled for a subject line of "New Reservation Request" and the email works and is received.

My only assumption is that something (perhaps my new hosting provider's platform??) is blocking emails with this subject line?? I am going to contact them now to see what they say.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It has to be a SPAM rule of some sort. I'm glad you were able to debug it and find a solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Thomas Hill

Hi Ray,

Yes, my hosting provider has confirmed that the subject “Reservation Request” is black listed and therefore will not send.

At least it’s sorted now.

Many thanks,
Thomas

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...