Just a note to let you know that I installed the latest versions of the following products: Menu Writer, Site Assist, CSS Sculptor and Surveyor. I followed this sequence:
1. Downloaded the new extensions to my hard drive
2. Opened up Dreamweaver, then opened up the Extension Manager and then closed Dreamweaver - leaving the Extension Manager open.
2. Removed (not disabled) the older versions of the four products listed above
3. Installed the new versions and clicked "yes to all" when asked -- although this was a bit counter intuitive.
4. Deleted the wincache file.
All went very smoothly and all products are now working quite nicely. The entire process took about 20 to 25 minutes.
Although I did not initially like your new support forum process, I now find it useful to be able to read the various questions and answers available to users. And, the few questions that I did ask were answered to my satisfaction in a timely manner. In fact, one query was answered within hours of my posting.
My only suggestion is that you need to communicate the upgrade process in a more precise way. For example, in the email that I received informing me about the upgrades being available, you indicated that the older version needed to be "completely uninstalled". However, Dreamweaver Extension Manager only allows two options (I think) -- "disable" or "remove". Why not use the language of Dreamweaver and tell people to "remove" (using the "remove" option within the Extension Manager) the older version. And, the email said nothing about clicking "yes to all".
I also suggest that when you instruct your users to do certain things you need to inform them of what will happen to other installed extensions from other vendors. It seems a bit
presumptuous to tell users to remove all extensions from their system -- as if WebAssist owned the extension marketplace.
At any rate, I really like your products, especially CSS Sculpture.