close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SuperSuite User Disatisfied

Thread began 9/14/2009 10:52 am by tykwondoka376105 | Last modified 9/21/2009 7:49 pm by Office Guy-172461 | 2932 views | 8 replies |

tykwondoka376105

SuperSuite User Disatisfied

In Appril I purchased the Super Suite for about $900. A few months later they offer the same package for lease for just $19.99 per month. When you own you have to pay for updates. When you lease updates are for free. So I have to pay as much as people who are paying a fraction what I paid. Newbies can pay $99 down and $19.99 per month.

I called sales and was told they will offer me basically nothing. I can join the supscription program but will not get any refund for the package I own. I feel that those of us who own the program should get free updates without fees to make it fair. The sales director was very rude to me.

I worked hard to buy the system. I felt I was making an investment. What I realy did was waste over $900. I do not feel good about doing business with these people.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If you already bought the product, you own the product, but with the new subscription model you are only leasing the product, not owning it. If you contact sales directly, you will be able to get a considerable amount discounted on the activation fee if you decide to use the subscription model as well. The benefits to owning the suite is if you are planning to use the suite over a long period of time, and don't want to be tied to the subscription.

If you decide to join the subscription model, you will be able to get the updates to the products without paying extra.

You are not losing anything, you still own the products that you bought and that wont change.

Here is a thread with some additional discussion about this issue:
showthread.php?t=3783

tykwondoka376105

Unacceptable Excuse

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  If you already bought the product, you own the product, but with the new subscription model you are only leasing the product, not owning it. If you contact sales directly, you will be able to get a considerable amount discounted on the activation fee if you decide to use the subscription model as well. The benefits to owning the suite is if you are planning to use the suite over a long period of time, and don't want to be tied to the subscription.

If you decide to join the subscription model, you will be able to get the updates to the products without paying extra.

You are not losing anything, you still own the products that you bought and that wont change.

Here is a thread with some additional discussion about this issue:
showthread.php?t=3783  

For what I paid I could have leased the programs for 5 years. With the subscription model I can only use the updates as long as I am paying the subscription. So I have no choice but to continue to upgrade as they come to get the benefit of ownership I paid for. I don't mind paying for upgrades. However don't offer other customers who have not yet given you a dime the usage for a minimum.

Lets say I have this program 5 years and you release 6 new products per year as I understand WA releases per year. It would cost me $300 per year to upgrade my current package. Over a 5 year period I will have to spend a total of $1,500 in upgrade fees plus the $900 I initially laid out totaling $2,400. If I were a new subscriber I pay $99 down and $19.99 per month totaling just under $1,300. If I lease it will not save me too much at this point.

All you have done is presented an opportunity for your competitors to take away your loyal customers.

Jimmy Wu

The only intention of the subscription model is to make it easier for new customers to get in the door. From user feedback, one of the biggest hurdles that users experienced with starting to use the tools is the high cost of getting the suite as well as needing to purchase several products to get all their needs done. The subscription model solved both these issues by lowering the cost and giving the user access to all the products.

I'm sorry that you see it in that way, but we can only make changes to make the product line better going forward.

tykwondoka376105

I desrve Better Treatment Than That

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  The only intention of the subscription model is to make it easier for new customers to get in the door. From user feedback, one of the biggest hurdles that users experienced with starting to use the tools is the high cost of getting the suite as well as needing to purchase several products to get all their needs done. The subscription model solved both these issues by lowering the cost and giving the user access to all the products.

I'm sorry that you see it in that way, but we can only make changes to make the product line better going forward.  

Gee, I wished you would extend the same courtesy to me as a paying customer. When I inquired about your product your sales staff assured me that laying out this much cash was a worthwhile investment. They never told me that the company intended to go to a lease program. Nor are they offering anything to reduce the residual costs of maintaining your product.

You only do what your boss tells you. You are a slave and that's why you disgrace you and your parents failing to see things from the point of view of those who made sacrifices to buy your product.

The kind of bull your throwing at your loyal customers to try to put a spin is disgusting. I hope everyone you overcharged for your products calls adobe and tells them to remove your products from their site.

office172461

WebAssist deserves better treatment than this

Doing what your boss tells you is called successful employment.

Bringing slavery and parents into it does nothing to help the discussion.

Insulting people is rarely a good tactic when trying to get people to help you.

You obviously felt that you made a good purchase in April, but now that more options are available 5 months later it somehow becomes overcharging?

There are always going to be differences in leasing vs buying. Do you get mad at the car dealer for letting people drive off for a few hundred dollars in a car that you paid thousands for?

I've only heard of one company that based their pricing structure on the customer's ability to pay (your sacrifice) and they went out of business in less than 3 months.

No one ever said that life was going to be fair. The sooner people stop worrying about what the other guy gets, the easier it becomes.

robp295024

own/lease

I am in the same boat as tykwondoka376105 (and pretty much every other WA customer pre the lease deal.)

First off, no flames! (one of the major reasons I dislike any sort of forums - too much emotion and not enough logic).

I have to say though, it is very disappointing to see my significant investment (and the treadmill of upgrades) pretty much discarded, in favour of a new scheme to increase cash flow.

I also found the Support comments to be pretty confronting, I did the math too - and the facile comments about car prices just do not wash. Those of us who own the Suite are far worse off than those who can now lease - and for a representative of WA to say, in essence, "tough bikkies" is not good customer service and not even good manners...

I have always found (in near 40 years in IT) that arrogance and dismissal (or spin and BS) may get you a breather - but the customer has a loooonnng memory. Even when it is bad news; BE HONEST!!! It will not perhaps earn you a big smile - but it does earn you respect - and the customer is confident in dealing with you...

office172461

I still don't see how adding another option in any way takes away from what you have previously purchased. I purchased too and when it makes sense to do so, I will probably take advantage of the lease option. It's nice to know I have that option.

It's not like they're recalling all of your purchases and the work you did with them.

office172461

Originally Said By: robp295024
  Those of us who own the Suite are far worse off than those who can now lease - and for a representative of WA to say, in essence, "tough bikkies" is not good customer service and not even good manners...  

How so? If you only lease and you let it lapse, everything stops working. If you already own the extensions and you let the lease lapse, it goes back to what you owned at the time you started the lease. That's a significantly better position to be in.

I looked through the previous posts and was unable to find the WA representative said anything close to "tough bikkies". I only found someone explaining policy and I didn't see any problem with manners. Was that part in another thread?

David CHnet.com

Licencing policy

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...