close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sculptor 3

Thread began 9/14/2009 9:03 am by p.woodall208922 | Last modified 9/14/2009 11:50 am by Ray Borduin | 2218 views | 3 replies |

p.woodall208922

Sculptor 3

I have just purchased Sculptor 3, duly downloaded it, uninstalled Sculptor 2 and installed Sculptor 3.

I am disappointed to find that I cannot use the new version because of an error message
referring to the onload function of the file wacs_quickinsert.htm, where it says at line 145
of file wacs_quickinsert.js has autosave not defined.

I would also suggest that, as a matter of urgency, you offer an upload facility (at least image upload) so that we can attach a screen shot, which should better assist you to understand the problem.

Whilst at "changing" your system another serious problem is your (or Adobe's) Extension Manager.

Whe you are advised that a "newer" file already exists on the system, it is self evident you do NOT want to overright it with an OLDER one. Equally when you have an OLDER version of a file, on your system, you want to OVERRIGHT it.

Why cannot the Extension Manager have these parameters built into the program?

You should ONLY be asked if you want to OVERRIGHT a file if a NEWER one already exists on your computer.

Please simplify Extension Manager in collaboration with Adobe, if necessary, so as to stop this quite senseless system that your Clients are currently subjected to. I do not accept the previous advise given of "simply say YES to all".

Web Assist need to learn to slow down from rushing out their "new" versions and instead make sure that their systems are right and that the extensions actually work without the need for Clients to tell them that the "new" extension did not even install correctly.

Regards

Peter Woodall

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Often odd issues like these aren't problems with the extension at all and can be resolved by deleting the Dreamweaver cache: showthread.php?t=3925&highlight=winfilecache+appdata

Always use "yes to all" when installing a new extension.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

ironmask308789

This statement brings up the question of what constitutes a "new" extension. For a Super Suite user such as myself, I've found the experience of installing extensions to be a bit confusing, for the same reason as cited above. It's simply not intuitive to a web developer to think s/he should overwrite a newer file from another extension that already exists on the system. So I would politely suggest that you not just reply that there's often not a problem with the extension at all -- this user is talking about the experience and offering some well-placed suggestions -- and I daresay you must know this already. That's as negative as I am going to get. I am currently waiting for something to happen with a support ticket that has "been opened" for me regarding an earlier problem/post. I'm still trying to get my own copy of CSS Sculptor 2 to work, and I have looked through the forums and tried every suggestion I could find. I was hoping an upgrade might do the trick, but I'm becoming less confident.

So, my practical reason for writing right here in this post is not just to offer that piece of friendly feedback, but also, to really, honestly ask what "new" means. Said another way, is there an ideal order in which a Super Suite's worth of extensions should be installed? Or can I just install them all in any order, and just say "yes to all" when it asks if I want to overwrite files? If there is an ideal order to things, it would be very good to know.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be able to install the most recent version of everything in any order and just say "yes to all". It is relatively common to need to delete the filecache in CS4 particularly... this problem is reportedly fixed for CS5.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...