close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

css menu writer db connection for remote server problem

Thread began 9/11/2009 10:15 am by andre.mercado338900 | Last modified 9/15/2009 1:40 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2646 views | 6 replies |

andre.mercado338900

css menu writer db connection for remote server problem

I'm trying to make a nested menu and when i choose the menu i want to edit i get this error message that is driving me nuts! i have to end task dreamweaver because it wont go away just keeps popping back.

i have an identical DB locally but its just testing:
$hostname_localhost = "localhost";
$database_localhost = "mydb";
$username_localhost = "root";
$password_localhost = "";

do i have to change the localhost.php file and recordsets if i want to edit the menu system every time, meaning change variables to local for testing then change to the server for more testing?

the second image is the error i got after trying changing variables in the localhost.php back to remote variables and uploading.
am i missing something super simple here?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Were you able to connect to your remote server before. Some hosting providers might have a limitation in connecting to the database remotely.

I would try connecting to your database using the Database panel (Window -> Databases), and if you are getting an error connecting, i would recommend contacting your hosting provider and asking them if you are able to connect to your database remotely.

andre.mercado338900

from one to another

Hey Dani, I kept trying to edit the menu from the CSSMenuWriter>cssmw_home>menu.php
with the problem of the menu not populating. finally i was editing the index.php page on the root folder and decided to try the menu from there and it worked.

now trying to edit the theme from either the menu.php or the index.php file results in these errors.

its driving me a little cooky because i find myself removing and reinstalling the extension over and over again.

what would you recommend i do?

Dani Chankhour

The problem is that you are editing the menu from the menu.php file. You should always edit the menu from the file where you applied the menu, which is index.php in your case.

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to remove the menu from your index page and also remove your CSSMenuWriter folder and create the menu again. and when you need to edit the menu, make sure to always edit it from the file where you applied the menu.

andre.mercado338900

done

Dani, I have replaced all the files on the site to start fresh reinstalled the extension and started to edit the menu from the index page.
is there anything else i need to delete ?

im still getting two errors.

andre.mercado338900

finally

well i read on another post about redoing the cache for dreamweaver and it worked!

Dani Chankhour

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

I should have mentioned the cache file earlier.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...