close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email sending

Thread began 3/09/2019 7:49 am by randyrie405335 | Last modified 3/11/2019 9:00 am by Ray Borduin | 653 views | 3 replies |

randyrie405335

Email sending

My client is two weeks away from launching a donation campaign and, naturally, the "donations" page's money tab which is an iframe containing the money form is not sending email. It is a dual-purpose page: one to enter data into the dB, which works fine, the other is to send an email notice which has suddenly stopped working. This form has been working fine for over a year but for some reason, emails have stopped. The strange thing is that the other two forms do send their emails, but they are not tied into any databases. I'm attaching the affected pages, one which is the DWCS6-generated form and the other which contains the iframe that displays the form. Would you give this your eagle eye and see why the form enters data but does not send email? I'm at my wits end trying to find the cause. I need this resolved before they launch their campaign, of course.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated. BTW, been hearing really good things about you and WebAssist on the PineGrow forum... seems I'm not the only one who uses DW to generate dB-related code and then imports into PineGrow.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd set the FROM address to a valid email address with the same domain as the website. You can use the Reply To setting with the value from the form to allow you to still reply to the email.

I'd also try adding a redirect to the email server behavior to help identify if it is trying to send. The only other thing I can think of that might be preventing the email from sending would be something in the body file.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

randyrie405335

Send Email Confusion

Thanks for your quick response, Ray.

I followed your suggestion and the Money form now works but I don't understand why the other two forms (Items & Time) work with the email variable set in the FROM field and the email is hard coded in the REPLY TO field but the Money form did not work with these settings.

See my attachments - all three now work:

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It shouldn't matter. Were you entering the same FROM address in the form that you entered into the interface? It could depend on the exact FROM address entered. The order on the page wouldn't matter. SPAM blockers often reject emails that come FROM a different domain than the email server it actually comes from. Also, some hosting providers won't allow emails to send at all that don't have a valid FROM address.

I don't know why two emails would work differently if they are from the same server... most likely they wouldn't, and the difference is in the form values when you fill out the form.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...