close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Container border disappears when adding cms content

Thread began 12/21/2018 8:28 pm by balexander389215 | Last modified 12/31/2018 11:30 am by Ray Borduin | 634 views | 5 replies |

balexander389215

Container border disappears when adding cms content

I am working on a very simple site, adding cms. The site has a main container with a border around it but once I add the cms content the border changes. Have you come across this before and do you have any idea how I would fix it? I have tried putting tags and divs around the cms content but nothing seems to make a difference.

I just recently tried adding a second container around the first using an id tag but the same results. So I decided to add a border to body to see what results that would produce and the same results the border is forced above the cms content area.

Thanks

Brian

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It appears the CMS content may have an extra </div> tag. Can you send me FTP access so I can debug? I'll have to verify if that is the problem or not and see why it happens and how to fix it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

balexander389215

I have checked the source code for the cms inserted material and there are no extra div tags so if the program is adding them it is behind the scenes. I have not used a border before when using PowerCms Builder so I have not encountered this before.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You had a few mismatched tags throughout your page. I've fixed it and the page appears correctly now. Just download the index.php page that is currently live to get my changes.

balexander389215

Thank you very much Ray, don't know how in the world I missed that.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

My pleasure... happy holidays.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...