close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Every time I attempt to add a "cart button, my page goes white! Help, please!!

Thread began 11/26/2018 11:47 am by Wenchofkrf | Last modified 11/27/2018 7:13 am by Ray Borduin | 1461 views | 8 replies |

Wenchofkrf

Every time I attempt to add a "cart button, my page goes white! Help, please!!

Hello,

When I attempt to add cart buttons, I end up with a "500" error on the site; what am I doing wrong, and more importantly, how do I fix it?
bab.php works www.starfireswords.com/products/steel/bab.php
bab2.php, which has a button on the page, does not. www.starfireswords.com/products/steel/bab2.php

Thank you!

Attached Files
bab.php
bab2.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll need FTP access in order to debug this. It could be a missing file that wasn't uploaded or a syntax error, but it would be too hard to find without active debugging.

You could try adding this to the top of the page:

php:
<?php

ini_set
("error_reporting",1);
?>

That is the first thing I would try. It should give you a more readable error that you might be able to figure out how to fix instead of the general 500 error.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Wenchofkrf

Ftp Access

As requested

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The FTP information provided doesn't seem to work. Please test it and make sure there are no IP restrictions that might prevent my access.

Wenchofkrf

Hi Ray,

See below.

Beth

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The FTP information still isn't working. I'm using copy/paste, so it can't be a typo on my end. Are there any additional settings I may need? I've tried with both Dreamweaver and Filezilla.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was able to connect after a few minutes... maybe it was my connection.

After looking at your files I was able to discover that your WA_eCart/Creations18_PHP.php file was blank. I'm not sure if it was an issue when it was created or uploaded, but I re-created that cart object and uploaded it and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Most likely it was an issue while uploading that file since I think if it wasn't created properly you wouldn't be able to use it for the add to cart in the first place.

Wenchofkrf

So I should be good to go?

Thank You!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I believe so. Go ahead and give it a try and let me know if you have any issues. Check your WA_eCart/Creations18_PHP.php file and make sure it isn't blank. If it is, download the one I uploaded, but my guess is that your local one is fine and it was just an issue with the file transfer. I had issues getting my FTP to work to your server, so that is probably the root cause of the blank file.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...