close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

making a poll

Thread began 9/10/2009 9:00 am by roywurgley382617 | Last modified 9/22/2009 5:34 pm by Jimmy Wu | 4274 views | 7 replies |

roywurgley382617

need to make a poll

I want to make a poll on my web site, so was wondering what WA extensions I can use to achieve this, thx

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

You can use DataAssist to insert the values into the database to keep track of the poll results. To design the form, you can either use Dreamweaver's built in form creation, but you will have to style the form yourself or you can use CSS Form Builder to create and style the form.

There may be a few other tools that are helpful depending on what you want to do. For example if you want to put the poll on a restricted user page, Security Assist or User Registration Solution Pack would help with that.

roywurgley382617

where do I start..

Thx for your reply Jimmy,

Ok now I have the subscription plan, and want to see about making that poll, as you said I can use datassist, the form and styling is no problem, but I don't know why to start to make the poll. It seems to me that you must know how to program in php, to be able to use these extensions. If you could shed some light of how to get started i would appricate, Thx

Jimmy Wu

The first thing you should do is to go through the getting started guides and tutorials for the products that you can find in your download center and in the support section of www.webassist.com for each product to get familiar with the functionality of the product. If you haven't set up a php server or database, there is also a tutorial for that:
web_dev_begin.pdf

RJweb

Thx for your info, but I guess what I am interested in receiving is, that I will need these wa products and then to do this. i have done other php work on my site, but not a php pro, I have development server set up on my home computer.

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. If you're looking for which tools to start out with, some good ones to start out with would be Form Builder and DataAssist.

RJweb

Thx, I will look into the 2 extensions you have suggested, but I guess what I am after is a tutorial or solution where everything is laid out. I don't see how they say that you can use wa extensions and don't even have to know how to code. I feel that you need to know how to code and as far as the extensions it would just make things easier for some one that is a php coder. I am lost with these extensions, now I am rethinking my sbscription purchase.

Jimmy Wu

Basically the extensions do the coding for you, and the rest of the stuff you can mostly use Dreamweaver's built in functionality to do. If you aren't familiar with Dreamweaver, you should spend some time to get used to using that as well. If you have any questions on what an extension does or how you should proceed on a step of your project feel free to ask.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...