close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Unique validation not working when inserting record - DataBridge latest Beta

Thread began 7/19/2018 5:44 pm by marovios@yahoo.com | Last modified 7/20/2018 10:21 am by Ray Borduin | 205 views | 1 replies |

marovios@yahoo.com

Unique validation not working when inserting record - DataBridge latest Beta

Hi there Ray, I have the latest DataBridge Beta RC 2.1 installed in Dreamweaver CC 2018, Windows 10 64 bits, I'm using WAMPSERVER 3.1

Now, everything else is working so far, smoothly! Maybe is my problem implementing the validation.

Thing is this, I have a php page with a form that inserts a record, in the landing page after the insertion I have the server validations applied to check for uniqueness on two of the form fields("rolloid" and "codigo").
Validations were working until I inserted the Insert Record behavior in the landing page, so it probably has to do with it.
Maybe a change in the order these scripts are loaded? This is still in my localhost, not online.

I'm attaching the page rolls.php where the validations are applied (as shown in the video tutorial) and rolls-add.php that is where the insertion form is.

I'm only checking for uniqueness in two values, one is the form field name="rolloid" and the other one is the form field name="codigo", both at the very top of the form named "roll" in the rolls-add.php page

Maybe you can see what's wrong. Thanks much!

Sign in to reply to this post

marovios@yahoo.com

Hi Ray, I just found the solution on an answer you gave to another user on a similar situation. I got it to work now!
In case someone else needs to know here's what happened. The server validation tutorial shows an example where the validations are applied on the confirm page, coming from a checkout page with the form to validate.
In this case, I followed Ray's advice that goes like this and has to do with the order of the functions and what page to be applied to:
"Server Validation, File Upload, and Insert Record server behaviors must all be applied to the same page, in that order, and that page should be the action page of the form."
So, I moved my check unique database value server validations from my landing page to the page that has the form fields I wanted to validate in the suggested order. All worked smoothly.
Maybe is on my particular case, but it worked for me, again I was only checking for two values against the database, nothing else. And I had a file upload as well. All worked perfectly following the order and moving all validations to the page with the form to be validated, also.
Action attribute on the form was set to empty and all validations were set to perform on form submit or button clicked. That's it.
Hope it helps others!

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...