close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CKEditor....Upgrade soon?

Thread began 7/17/2017 10:16 am by Patrice | Last modified 7/17/2017 11:47 am by Ray Borduin | 528 views | 3 replies |

PatriceWebAssist

CKEditor....Upgrade soon?

Hi... Unless I missed an upgrade, when using CKEditor (called HTML Editor?), it is showing version CKEditor 3.5.2, but the newest one out is 4.7.1. I am still having issues with weird characters from cut/paste, even though I use the "no paste from Word" option, etc. Maybe the newest one out would be better.

So is there a pending update in the web assist packages?

Thanks!

This page shows that they have conquered the word paste issue.
\http://sdk.ckeditor.com/samples/pastefromword.html

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We will be upgrading the default version, but a manual update is possible. You should be able to download the current version from the ckeditor web site and copy and paste it into the folder where your version is stored. There are some extra files that need to be retained but the old files can all be replaced with the new.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

Thanks Ray! I'll test it out. I had thought of that but didn't know how much you had tweaked for your integration.

PatriceWebAssist

Well, I gave it a try. I used a site that I hadn't used WA DataAssist/CK on before. Fresh start. I replaced the CKE folder with new download. It not only didn't solve the word character mess, it also stripped it out of other features such a colors, font features etc. Not a bad thing, but definitely not the full dress of the previous one. It did carry over my saved subsets where I was experimenting with how to manage Word insert mess.

I guess I'll just wait for your updated one. Please let me know timeline expected.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...