close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQLi not selectable in recordsets

Thread began 7/01/2017 4:03 am by john70964 | Last modified 7/24/2017 9:11 am by Ray Borduin | 2970 views | 17 replies |

john70964

MySQLi not selectable in recordsets

I have downloaded and installed mysqli

In Navicat I created a new connection and can see the tables and contents required.

I created a new new php file

In Dreamweaver I opened the tab for databases and can see the new connection I created in Navicat. When Test is selected, the message box states Connection was made successfully.

In bindings I tried to create a new recordset but when I click on Connection from the drop down no Connections show.

If I click on Define I can see the connection required, I highlight this and select done but once again when I select the dropdown arrow there is no connection listed.

I also tried on local host to open a previously working page but recieved another error

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in C:\xampp\htdocs\boatsforsalenow_mysqli\BoatAdsFree\boats_Insert.php on line 109

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in C:\xampp\htdocs\boatsforsalenow_mysqli\BoatAdsFree\boats_Insert.php on line 111

In the extension manager I can see MySQLi but cannot seeMySQL. I do need to keep my previous pages working.

Thank you
John

Sign in to reply to this post

john70964

Can anyone assist me with this please?

I have attached two images which show the problem.
When I edit the recordset I can see a connection OK but when I try to construct a recordset no connection is available.
Any ideas how to rectify this?

Many thanks

John

john70964

Hello
After reading a few comments in this forum regarding MySqli I decided to try a completely new page set.
Search, Results and Detail.
These pages were created OK but would not function correctly.

The Results page created the errors
Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in C:\xampp\htdocs\net100-2017\boats_results.php on line 86
Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, object given in C:\xampp\htdocs\net100-2017\boats_results.php on line 90

When I looked at the Results recordset which is created once again the is no connection created.
Same in Details.php

I am stumped on this problem can anyone help?

Thanks
John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you are creating a MySQLi connection, but then trying to create a standard Recordset. You need to create a MySQLi recordset in order to use a MySQLi connection. DataBridge doesn't work with MySQLi yet, but you can use the server behaviors directly to replicate the same functionality. You just have to use the option Webassist->MySQLi->MySQLi Recordset instead of the old Recordset option.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thanks Ray
use the option Webassist->MySQLi->MySQLi Recordset instead of the old Recordset option
I attach an image of this. May help someone!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That error means that the username or password is incorrect for that database. I can't really debug it since I don't know the correct username and password. I wasn't able to connect to your FTP server, but I don't think it would help anyway since the issue is with the database connection information itself and not with the code on the page.

john70964

Please see PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue is with your SQL statement on the page. The library file you have attached won't help me debug it.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure if you have everything figured out at this point or not. Please reply if you still need help.

john70964

Thanks Ray,
I have attached the page which I hope is the one required

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...