close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can I change the Marker to a customer png or jpg? If so how can I accomplish this?

Thread began 6/14/2017 9:16 pm by Leon | Last modified 6/16/2017 3:23 pm by Ray Borduin | 762 views | 6 replies |

Leon

Can I change the Marker to a customer png or jpg? If so how can I accomplish this?

I would like to use the company logo as a marker on google maps. Please provide steps to accomplish this. Also can I remove the info window or have it on click

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is possible by editing the created .js file, but it isn't directly supported in the extension. If you give me a url to view your map I can try to help more by referencing lines of code that need to be updated.

This is something we can help with in premier support.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Leon

Ray appreciate your help with this. I was able to find the code in the wagmp.php file and make the changes. I added an image to the image folder it creates and changed the path in the php javascript file to point to the image. IT WORKED WOOOOHOOOOO!. I do have another question for you though.
see:
image: new google.maps.MarkerImage('plugins/webassist/google_javascript/images/star_pacifica.png', new google.maps.Size(29,39), new google.maps.Point(0,0), new google.maps.Point(15,15)),
shadow: new google.maps.MarkerImage('plugins/webassist/google_javascript/images/star_shadow.png', new google.maps.Size(29,39), new google.maps.Point(0,0), new google.maps.Point(15,15)),

changed to:

image: new google.maps.MarkerImage('plugins/webassist/google_javascript/images/mito_logo50x50.png', new google.maps.Size(50,50), new google.maps.Point(0,0), new google.maps.Point(25,25)),
shadow: new google.maps.MarkerImage('plugins/webassist/google_javascript/images/star_shadow.png', new google.maps.Size(50,50), new google.maps.Point(0,0), new google.maps.Point(25,25)),

I also changed the marker style and named it Mito, but I wonder if it will reflect this new marker in your plugin?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No it won't reflect in the plugin.

You will have to backup your changes and overwrite them any time you enter our interface to make changes there. In general once you start hand coding for unsupported features you have to continue hand coding.

Leon

Does this mean that the markers could change with an update or I could lose the icons? lLso how do I center the map on the page mat?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you open the webassist UI to edit the google map and click the OK button it will revert to the previous icons and you would have to update it again.

What do you mean by centering the map on the page mat? I don't quite understand the question. Do you have a sample page I can use for reference?

Leon

ok thank you. The maps I worked out but cheers mate.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...