close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cc2015

Thread began 4/12/2017 5:18 am by Jamie | Last modified 4/17/2017 10:51 am by Ray Borduin | 1484 views | 6 replies |

Jamie

cc2015

Hey Ray

Just wondering if you may have insight on this issue.

Have been using CC2015 for ages nowand its worked fine, but suddenly whats started happening is that its not accessing the databases so whn I try to add a new recordset (either musql or mysqli based) it shows no table at all.

When I try to access the same site files usingf cc2017, its able to access the tables fine.

I have uninstalled 2015 and reinstalled and re-added all the extensions but still no joy.

Any thoughts or ideas that may help me resolve?

Cheers

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think that has to be an issue with the testing server settings. Make sure they match the working site. Do you get some sort of error? That could help shed some light.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jamie

but am using the same site set up in both 2015 and 2017 and 2017 isnt having this problem

The only error I am getting is when trying to create a recordset or use a server behaviour/binding that requires it to use the db connection. For example, trying to create a mysql recordset I get this: http://prntscr.com/evq7zc and when I try to create a mysqli one I get this: http://prntscr.com/evq8f9

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you click "Define" and click to test the connection what errors do you get? I still think you may have different testing server settings or different connection files downloaded.... are they pointing to the same testing server and local directory?

Jamie

am not entirely sure I understand what you mean as there is no 'test ion the connections window.

I have followed these steps: http://prntscr.com/evuvt8

and also these http://prntscr.com/evuwcn

if its something else please do let me know.

Also, in 2017 I have exported the site settings and imported it into 2015 to ensure they are both running the same settings and, althoughh 2017 works fine, 2015 still does not

also, both versions are accessing exactly the same sets of files

your continued help really appreciated :)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I wonder if it is an initial selection issue.

Do you only have one connection defined? Try defining another connection so that you can switch connections in the dropdown. It might only populate the tables select onChange and the connection is being preset tot he first? Can you change connections and change it back?

Jamie

I'll give it a go. thanks Ray

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...