close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

try define new access rule, edit existing one, Access Rules Manager greys out Dreamweaver stops wor

Thread began 2/01/2017 10:41 pm by Larry Olsen | Last modified 2/02/2017 3:57 pm by Ray Borduin | 1039 views | 4 replies |

Larry Olsen

try define new access rule, edit existing one, Access Rules Manager greys out Dreamweaver stops wor

I have been creating a double opt in registration system (following the guide from this site) and at this point when I try to define a new access rule the screen goes grey and Dreamweaver stops working. I have to force a close and start over. The results are the same after a restart.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver? Latest version of DataBridge? Does it happen on a new site or might it be something related to corruption when you applied an earlier rule? I'd need more information to determine the cause. If you give me FTP access to the server I can see if I can reproduce the problem with your files. Once I can reproduce a problem I can solve it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Larry Olsen

CC2017, latest version of DataBridge. I was adding it to an existing site, one that is quite large. I have killed and deleted the site after saving the parts for later restore. I had not applied any rules earlier.I am going to start a new site and will start with the registration system first and saee what happens in the process. I will report on it.

I did a restore of the system drive from an image of a Windows 10 install (I was using Windows 7). It works perfectly in that. I will see how it is after I install all the CC updates, but at this point I an certain that the issue was not connected to Dreamweaver of the extensions. It was obviously a Windows issue. Now I will have to decide whether I want to stay with Win 10 or do a reinstall of Win 7 from scratch. I will report shortly.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It works for me on windows 10 with the latest CC, so I wouldn't be too sure it is a windows issue. Let me know if you want to do screen sharing once you can reproduce the problem and I can try to debug it to find the root of the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Larry Olsen

My bad. I should not have called it a Windows issue. Properly I should have said that it was apparently neither a Dreamweaver nor a WebAssist issue. I may very well stay with Windows 10. The image I have contained Dreamweaver CC 2015. I am doing all the updates so it will be a CC 2017 when done. My windows Seven system on that machine was getting flaky anyway. I will update this as soon as I can.

Update: It is working properly in Windows 10. It is now clear that it was not a problem with either Dreamweaver or WebAssist. What the hell, I guess I will stay with Windows 10 now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...