close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data Modeling Tables Displaying

Thread began 1/21/2017 1:58 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 1/24/2017 4:50 pm by Ray Borduin | 1869 views | 12 replies |

mrobben375515

Data Modeling Tables Displaying

I am using Dreamweaver CC2015 and PowerStore 4.5. I am trying to use MySQLi. The database connection works and displays all the tables. However, when I try to use Data Modeling, no tables display.

I am attaching my ftp credentials privately as in reading similar threads, you tend to as for that to help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you on a MAC or PC? I'll try to reproduce the problem using the ftp credentials you have provided.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrobben375515

I am using a PC.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just set up the same environment and it appears to work for me. I did a clean install of MySQLi Server Behaviors on CC 2015 on a PC and downloaded your connection files from the server.

I'm wondering if it might be an issue with your site setup. What about a MySQLi Recordset? Have you been able to successfully test your mysql connection?

mrobben375515

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  I just set up the same environment and it appears to work for me. I did a clean install of MySQLi Server Behaviors on CC 2015 on a PC and downloaded your connection files from the server.

I'm wondering if it might be an issue with your site setup. What about a MySQLi Recordset? Have you been able to successfully test your mysql connection?  

I did remove and reinstall MySQLi. I am able to

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your screenshot looks correct. You should need the root directory set to connect to the database properly as well. I have mine set up just like yours (except I don't have the slash in front of the directory). Do you have the same thing for the remote and testing server? You should.

mrobben375515

Yes, I have both the remote and testing setup the same. I guess something is wrong with the database location then. When the /public_html/ is set for the root, the database is not available, but when I remove it, the database is seen. Is that something I can edit in the connection.php?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That makes no sense.

When Dreamweaver connects to a database it uploads files to the _mmServerScripts folder under the root and then browses to those files using the website url.

If you didn't have the root set correctly it wouldn't be able to upload the files to the correct location and wouldn't be able to retrieve database information. So I'm equally confused about how it would be able to get your database information without the root set correctly. There is definitely something odd going on.

Maybe delete and recreate the site definition from scratch. I've seen Dreamweaver sites get corrupted before and cause strange issues.

mrobben375515

I got the data modeling working again. I did the following:
1. deleted WinFileCache
2. deleted the site setup in Dreamweaver
3. import the file you sent me
4. Rename the folders to backup on both my PC and the server
5. exported the sql database from the server and then dropped the tables
5. I reinstalled PowerStore4.5
6. Confirmed Data Modeling worked
7. Copied the _mmServerScripts folder and Connections folder from the working setup to the backup folders on both PC and sever
8. Renames the backup folders to active folders on both PC and server
9. dropped the sql tables from the new install and imported the tables from my previous intall

The only problem I have now is with the images not displaying on the site. Below is the error I am seeing. How can I fix this?

webassist/plugins/catalog/scripts/resize_image.php on line 258
webassist/plugins/catalog/scripts/image_cache/imagesupload/crop/shirt-300x300_thumb_w207_h207/shirt-300x300_thumb_01220235.jpg" class="featuredImage" />

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What page is throwing that error? I'll see if I can debug it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...