close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fill in database with products

Thread began 9/05/2009 1:06 am by andre.mercado338900 | Last modified 9/08/2009 2:44 pm by Eric Mittman | 1403 views | 1 replies |

andre.mercado338900

Fill in database with products

I download from my distributor 2 different csv or excel (my choosing) files with all the informations for all products:

------ 1st file -----
1.sku
2.upc
3.category
4.subcategory
5.product name
6.headline
7.block copy
8.msrp
9.weight
10.warranty
11.color
12.picture sku
13.requirements
14.package contains
15.in-wall
16.ROHS?
17.new item
18.new item date
19.discontinued
20.redirect
---------------
-------2nd file---------
1.sku
2.product name
3.msrp
4.your cost
5.stock
-----------------------

Im trying to find out how i can populate the tables for powerstore2 using these two files, and when needed update pricing on the products.
i was looking at phpmyadmin which is the only app my hosting will allow to use on the database.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andre

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There are a couple of ways you can do this. The first is to use the LOAD DATA INFILE statement. This is how you do the importing directly into the db using SQL. There is a command line client tool that helps with this from MySQL called MySQL Import, here is a link to it:

mysqlimport.html

You can also do this completely with some other third party tool, there are many out there. I think one of the most common is Navicat, but there are many others as well. I also found this link to an online utility that helps to do this:

mysqlimport.html

I don't know anything about this site or the app that it has in regards to security or privacy but it seems to be used a bit.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...