close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration and Reciept Emails Bouncing Back To Me

Thread began 9/13/2016 6:12 pm by anonymous | Last modified 12/24/2016 5:28 pm by Ray Borduin | 6996 views | 13 replies |

anonymous

Registration and Reciept Emails Bouncing Back To Me

Geesh I wish I could talk to a live human being....

So recently when anyone registers as a user on my café commerce site, or if someone makes a purchase, they used to get an email thanking them for registering, or a receipt of their purchase. Now I am getting email failure notices, and none of my customers are getting their emails.

What do I need to do?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is the url of your web site? I'll take a look.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

Sorry forgot to include www.cropcirclesretreat.com

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just registered on that url and got a registration email. Did you get a bounce message? It appears the email is working.

anonymous

I did. Weird that this time it would work.....hhmmmmm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I get a copy of the bounced email?

anonymous

Email Receipts To Customers are coming back undeliverable, but email address is correct

SAme thing happening with me. Below is the undeliverable message...

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
From: "Mail Delivery System" <MAILER-DAEMON@mail.mycafecommerce.com>
Date: Thu, November 17, 2016 3:13 pm
To: ginelectronics@olynet.com
Priority: Normal
Create Filter: Automatically | From | To | Subject
Options:
View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download this as a file | Add to Address Book | View Message Details

This is the mail system at host mail.mycafecommerce.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<cindiarcher@vwcbuilders.com>: host smtp.secureserver.net[68.178.213.203] said:
550 5.1.0 74.208.74.7 is not allowed to send from <olynet.com> per it's SPF
Record. Please inspect your SPF settings, and try again. IB508
<http://x.co/srbounce> (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is happening because you are using a from address that includes @olynet.com and you haven't added an spf record to your DNS server to give the mycafecommerce.com server permission to send emails for you.

Email providers are getting more strict in preventing SPAM and recently they have increased security to block emails that aren't specifically granted permission to send emails.

The solution is to add an SPF record to your DNS server and grant the mycafecommerce server the right to send emails on your behalf (or update the FROM address in your email settings in your mycafecommerce admin to use an @mycafecommerce.com email address like no-reply@mycafecommerce.com)

To add an SPF record, you can go to your Domain Hosting provider and add a DNS type TXT record with the value:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:74.208.74.7 -all

anonymous

Email Receipts To Customers are coming back undeliverable, but email address is correct

It has always been the same address, but just started getting them back. Nevertheless, that was ALL over my head. So should I assume people can'r email me either? We just fixed another problem with receiving emails a couple konth ago... Since the DNS makes no sense to me, could I use ourname at cafecommerce.com? But then they could not reply. This *&^^%$

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This won't happen for all emails. It depends on the TO address email server and whether they are checking SPF and blocking emails that don't come from an approved source. Nothing has changed on your site to cause this error. It is increased security on the site the email is being sent to.

I have updated the admin so that you can set the FROM and REPLY TO fields for the email separately. This will allow you to change the from and still allow users to reply.

I could help you with better instructions on how to set the SPF record as well. Who is your hosting provider for the olynet.com domain? I can google how to set a DNS TXT record for that hosting provider and send you a link.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...