close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

two email from same action (button pressed)

Thread began 9/06/2016 7:44 am by tony | Last modified 9/06/2016 9:13 am by Ray Borduin | 693 views | 1 replies |

tony

two email from same action (button pressed)

Hi all,
I trying to find the best way to handle emails from my page.
Basically I have a page that will insert a record in a database along with 2 emails.
- email1: contains an HTML message and an attachment and will be sent to address1;
- email2: contains the same HTML message as email1, but has NO attachments and will be sent to address2;

I can't understand how to set up them independently one from each other.
When I add an attachment to one of them, the same aatcchment appears in the other and vice versa.

Expecially when I try to edit the email log fields. Every time I select a source from the lighting bolt and hit enter I get a javascript error and there is no way to set log fields.
The only way I found is to delete (drop) the email_logs table and let the WA server behaviour recreate it from scratch (with the default log fields).
It seems a bit buggy here.

Is there a way to edit email template easily? If I use the dreamweaver button for editing it, a file is opened and closed as soon as I end the editing. Where is this file? can I edit a standalone file for the email body?
TIA for any suggestion.

tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I see a copy of the page? It sounds like you may have copied and pasted the email server behavior instead of applying it twice, which is why you get two emails with the same body that can't be edited separately.

The solution is to either remove and re-apply, or to find the email include, rename it, and manually update the email reference and file name in one of the email server behaviors to point to the new file. Once you have two separate include files for the email they will be able to be edited separately including the body template file.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...