close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Slow website

Thread began 7/18/2016 7:41 am by jsamra436704 | Last modified 7/25/2016 10:00 am by Ray Borduin | 2583 views | 7 replies |

jsamra436704

Slow website

I have put a few products on the website is very slow I have asked my webhost top look at it and they have replied
i would advise you to contact your software developers in regard of the delays

Please advise

Thanks
jay

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

How did you set up your options? Did you use Advanced options for all of them?

You should make sure to use Simple options when adding any option that doesn't effect the price, otherwise it creates a unique product for each variation and in your case for "Leaflets Flat" it would be: 2*12*2*3*2*5*15 potential combinations, so that is 21,600 product combinations handled on that page.

If you give me access to the database I can experiment with speeding it up with that many combinations if you feel it is necessary for your application.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jsamra436704

Thanks ray

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, the issue is that you have 354,964 product combinations that are being consolidated into 7 products. That is what is taking all of the time (4 seconds).

Can you update some of them to simple options, or does every option effect the price? In order to speed up that page we will have to stop using so many options that are creating different products. If they all do effect price we may need to use a premier support ticket to talk through other options about how we can restructure your products to work more quickly.

jsamra436704

354,964 product combinations

Wow I didn't realise I've only put about 5 products on I will put a few more on with less options I think I would like to use a support ticket to go over them after I put them on torrmorrow

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Just call the number at the bottom of this site or fill in the premier ticket request form and I'll call you to schedule a time to meet.

jsamra436704

premier ticket request

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll contact you via Skype to schedule a time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...