close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS pages not showing up

Thread began 4/22/2016 12:09 pm by derekmparker375520 | Last modified 5/18/2016 11:26 am by Ray Borduin | 2062 views | 14 replies |

derekmparker375520

PowerCMS pages not showing up

I have a site that's several years old and the pages containing PowerCMS suddenly started showing up blank. Can you take a look for me? Info is attached.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you have gone through a server update and it improperly identified one of our files as malicious and deleted it because it posts back to our server to validate the serial number. I've update the file so it won't be improperly deleted any more and re-uploaded it. Your pages should work again.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

derekmparker375520

Excellent, thanks!

derekmparker375520

See private message

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was able to solve this by updating some of the files to the latest version.

derekmparker375520

Awesome, thanks again.

derekmparker375520

Hi Ray, sorry to bring this up again but I received these emails from the company in charge of the hosting server for springfieldky.org. Any ideas?

-----Email 1-----
The same files are still infected with the Win.Trojan.Hide-2 virus. This morning at 1:24am EST, it caused additional files to be installed to the temp folder on the web server. These additional files are associated with the Conficker virus botnet and began to use our web server as a host to infect other computers on the internet.

As a result, our public IP address was blacklisted by SpamHaus (www.spamhaus.org) around 5:35am this morning. I'm going to remove these two infected files for the time being in order to get our pubic IP address unlisted. These two infected files are listed below in the previous email message.

Please replace these files and update/patch the CMS system you use to prevent this from occurring again. If I need to change the login password to the FTP sites you use to upload the web pages, please let me know.

-----Email 2-----
Instead of just deleting the following files, I've removed them and replaced them with empty files of the same name with read-only access. That should prevent them from being created again, but it won't stop the addition of other infected files with different names. This just serves as band-aid relief for now.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What files did they say had the issue?

derekmparker375520

This is what they had sent before and they said it was the same one this time: /images/installed.jpg (infected with PHP.Hide-2 virus)

derekmparker375520

I tried removing the files, but the site doesn't work without it. I tried uploading it again and still the same result.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...