close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

drop down menu only shows one option

Thread began 3/01/2016 1:36 pm by anonymous | Last modified 3/01/2016 2:29 pm by Ray Borduin | 456 views | 1 replies |

anonymous

drop down menu only shows one option

I used the data assist pages menu /manage pages /edit as described to create drop downs for the insert and search pages. I chose the correct table, selected 'menu' chose columns, etc. I chose the same value for 'values' and for 'labels'. but the resulting drop downs only include one value, not the full choices. This is an 'enum' column; maybe this is not the right way to get a drop down. Am I doing this the right way, or in this case should i do it the way it is done on admin lines 133-138?

Also- note the way the search page looks on boats_search: larger drop downs and centered text on left compared to event_insert; the first example is more desirable. how to make these all like the boats_search example?

thanks again

Attached Files
admin.php
boats_insert.php
boats_search.php
event_insert.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Usually you would chose a different value for the menu id and label... so that part is probably not correct. However I don't see why it would only show one row in the result.

Do you have a url where I can see the problem?

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...