close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email Mysqli Recordset loop

Thread began 1/20/2016 8:33 pm by localidiot | Last modified 3/06/2017 9:56 am by Ray Borduin | 3325 views | 9 replies |

localidiot

Universal Email Mysqli Recordset loop

Is there a way to use mysqli recordsets as the looping recordset in universal email?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to code it by hand... Are you referring to any of the data from the recordset in the body of the email or just using it for the list?

Please attach a sample page and I can help you edit it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

localidiot

Thanks for the reply ray. I was referring to the recordset for the list of emails.

For the time being Ive decided to use the non mysqli recordset to loop through the records as it seemed easy enough to use that method.

Henry

I'd like to use a MYSQLi looping recordset in the body of an email template for Universal Email

How is it done? I've attached my email template that has recordset $rs_order_cart looping in it,

Searching the forum I found that MYSQLi recordsets cannot be included in the email templates. However moving them to the page with the Universal Email Behavior and adding <?php global $recordset_name; ?> at the top of the email template seems to work.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Where are you getting stuck? Including the global reference on the top of the email body should be enough to give that page access to the recordset for looping. Where do you need my help?

Henry

Yup, the email body worked with the global reference. I thought it wasn't working when emails weren't being sent ...

... but when I put the email body file in the folder webassit/email/templates/ the email sending worked.

So, the email body file must be in webassit/email/templates/ ? Please confirm and/or clarify so that I can be sure on this. Thanks.

(I didn't see this in any help documentation and the Universal Server Behavior gave me the impression that I could select the email body file from anywhere.)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No the body file can be in any folder. That is just where we created the default templates to begin with. You would just have to make sure any include paths were referencing the correct locations if you moved them.

Henry

Yes. I see now that the body file can be in any folder.

I got all fouled up with trying to figure out the MYSQli recordset looping by making a lot of permutations ... that's my lame excuse.

It is actually very simple and straightforward.

Sorry to bother you on this one.

Steve

Loop MySQLi list of email addresses to send to

Would appreceate some Example of this OR UEmail to be updated to use MySQLi recordsets.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be able to wrap your email in a recordset loop and then set the to address to the recordset column value.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...