close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't Modify Header information error

Thread began 1/06/2016 7:44 am by Ron | Last modified 1/21/2016 7:45 pm by Ray Borduin | 1545 views | 5 replies |

Ron

Can't Modify Header information error

Error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hops\old4thportal\portalinc\equipment\equipment_add.php:10) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hops\webassist\mysqli\queryobj.php on line 32

I am using a 3rd party file upload tool (code) to help me with a portion of file upload on my site. I am not sure if this is why I am getting this error.

As this is all on my local machine, I don't mind setting up VPN for you. I will need assistance on doing that though.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Move the code on lines 5-9 down below the server side code that ends on line 45. Some server side code has to be above any html output and you have script and link tags above the server code.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ron

This is a reoccurring issue on all my insert forms:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hops\old4thportal\portalinc\portalheader.php:63) in
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\hops\webassist\mysqli\queryobj.php on line 32

I've attached my 2 files. You already have queury.php

Attached Files
portalheader.php
tasks_add.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm confused by these files. They don't have <html> <head> or <body. tags... are they includes on a third master page file? You may need to use WebAssist Framework builder Plugins to get this to work properly. Some code needs to be on the top of the page above any html and by including it in the middle of another page you can get errors like these. WebAssist Framework Builder Plugins gets around that issue.

Ron

That is bad news. I see that it is part of another package. I'm Canadian so that price tag is 40% more. At this point the webassist server behaviors don't work for me. I was getting it to work without issue then all of a sudden the warning message started again. (Pain). I've attached the main file to see if there is a work around. Is it just the paths?

Attached Files
portalindex.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Framework builder is free in Free Tools. Download and use that.

A work around would be to break them into two includes and add the one with the server code to the top of the page and the one with the html into the html tag.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...