close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing domain for Power Gallery

Thread began 12/28/2015 9:29 am by Charles | Last modified 1/11/2016 10:26 pm by Ray Borduin | 2791 views | 22 replies |

Charles

Changing domain for Power Gallery

I have set up 3 test sites for my company on the same root domain for which we bought a PGallery license. I did a test point of an extra domain I had at the test site and the whole site comes up except the Gallery.
IE the test site is at http://outofchaos.net/3North/www/gallery.php and the Gallery works
When I point a new(test) domain at that same directory http://everythingexplained.net/gallery.php - same page but no Gallery
I'm OK buying extra licences if need be, but when we flip the switch to go live, I want everything to just come up and work under the new domains. What do I need to do to make this seamless at launch?
Related question: Had hoped to be able to both share and manage the same Gallery across all 3 sites as well as possibly add different Galleries to each site in the future - can I do this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you give me FTP access I can take a look and see if the code can be updated to work in this scenario. You may need to use an iframe to include the gallery content from a single domain, but I can look to be sure.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Charles

Sure - see PM below

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you can't access images in that folder from the other server. I'm not sure if you can correct that somehow, but it may be an unsolvable permissions problem without hand coding to move images to a view-able directory.

I could probably work with you in a premier support ticket to move images to a different directory automatically so that it would work. Another solution that might work for you is to use the iframe technique outlined here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhpwKDnQ34

Charles

Thanks for the recommendationd. I'll try a couple of things and circle back if I get stuck.

Charles

I followed the video and inserted an <iframe> The good news is that the new domain could see the iframe.Gallery
The 2 problems I encountered:
1> I added 'border: 0; overflow: hidden' per the video and the border and scroll bars still show and
2> The new code seems to break the page with reference to the menu.php and only partially loads the page - see attached page and menu.php
Probably a small change maybe you can see? Thanks for your help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try adding: scrolling="no" to the iframe tag.

As far as the menu error... it looks like you commented out some code that listed the products from your database, but didn't delete or comment out all of the lines that refer to the recordset you removed: menuwriter_products.

Charles

The scrolling="no" code worked - thanks, but a top and left side border still appear at the URL below. It also shoves the photo down so you can see the one with text is cut off at the bottom. Any suggestion as to how I can remove those borders?
As for the menu issue, I did not touch menu.php which is working fine on the same page before I inserted the iFrame. I also did not comment out any of that menu code - it was generated that way with comments by CSSMenuwriter. So I'm stuck on that one?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please send FTP information and I can see why the code works on the other page. It definitely has to do with manually commented out code in the menu file, iframes can't effect code on the originating page. If you send FTP information I'll debug the differences.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your quotes don't match up in your iframe tag... you have:
<iframe src="http://outofchaos.net/gsc/www/gallery/galleries/slideshow_blinds/index.php?gallery=2&theme=GSChome" scrolling='no' style="width: 700px; height: 356px; border: 0></iframe>

it should be:
<iframe src="http://outofchaos.net/gsc/www/gallery/galleries/slideshow_blinds/index.php?gallery=2&theme=GSChome" scrolling="no" style="width: 700px; height: 356px; border: 0"></iframe>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...