close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Strange emails from webassit profile

Thread began 12/01/2015 11:57 pm by Nico | Last modified 12/03/2015 10:26 am by Ray Borduin | 4660 views | 5 replies |

Nico

Strange emails from webassit profile

Hi, today I start receiving this kind of emails.

"This message has been sent from your developer profile on the webassist web site.

12/09/2012 2004 Prius Gen 3 : Battery is 8 years old. Before installation of Power Jockey fuel encoomy was around 20.6 Kms/Litre. The engine often whine during acceleration start up. After installation of Power Jockey the engine whine was not apparent. Seems to have more power as well. After 184 Kms with 40 Kms of motorway driving the gauge read 23.4 Kms/Litre. During motorway driving the fuel encoomy exceeded 24 Kms/Litre.

Use the Email address provided to reply to this individual."

And another one

"
This message has been sent from your developer profile on the webassist web site.

12/09/2012 : Installed Power Jockey in 2001 Prius Gen 2. Went for 6 KM drive to deliver velchie to rental car operator. Fuel economy on the gauge was 31 Kms/Litre. This is quite surprising. At the destination when the velchie was put into park the engine started charging the battery and we could see the fuel economy gauge drop to 25 Kms/Litre over 3 minutes.What is interesting was that in gear the velchie was in stop idle and in park the velchie went into battery charge mode.Another feature was that fuel economy was better when being driven than battery charge mode."

Please let me know what I need to do to stop these strange emails from being send.
Thank you in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can turn off contact information from your developer profile by removing the phone number listed in your company information... The system is set up to allow email if the phone number is listed.

Go to "my account" and then click "Change my Company Information" and then just delete the phone number listed for the company and company contact will be disabled in general.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

In the "me too" category:

This message has been sent from your developer profile on the webassist web site.

blogvani men sachmuch bahut symasaaaen hain.raftaar.com aur Hindiblogs.com wagairah par bhee kaee bar add request karne ke baat mera blog naheen add hua. pata nahi kya problem hai.

First time I've ever received spam email from web assist directory.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Someone must have been messing around in there... It has CAPTCHA, so I think someone was manually sending them. How many messages did you get?

PatriceWebAssist

Just one.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Probably just some guy trolling around and testing things on our site. If it happens again or in a large volume let me know.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...