close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal Express button sending page found

Thread began 10/14/2015 12:51 pm by Jedi | Last modified 10/19/2015 11:42 am by Ray Borduin | 3667 views | 11 replies |

Jedi

Paypal Express button sending page found

I am using ecart6 and I used the checkout wizard to produce the checkout pages. My paypal express checkout button when clicked opens a small window for paypal express and when I login to paypal and click submit I am redirected to my cart page and not the pp_confirm page that I plugged in.

Attached Files
confirm.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is because the return url on lines 318 and 321 doesn't have the www. in front of the url. You will probably want to add the www. in front of the url on those two lines. Then you will want to update your .htaccess file to force the user to always view the www. version to prevent it from causing issues without it. See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4916222/htaccess-how-to-force-www-in-a-generic-way

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jedi

Thanks Ray. That seemed to do the trick. I can now process all orders on paypal express and local, but I seemed to have developed a new problem. Now my orders are not being processed to the orders or orderdetails tables. I have attached the new confirm page for your review. Thanks for any help you can provide. It was working and sending username and email addresses as well but not now.

Attached Files
confirm.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Is this when using paypal express or direct payment that the database information isn't stored? If it is express checkout then the pp_confirm is the one I need to look at.

Jedi

Thanks for the follow up Ray. Actually the orders are not being uploaded to the orders table or orderdetails table for either the confirm.php or the pp_confirm.php.
I am attaching both.

Attached Files
confirm.zip
pp_confirm.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't see any obvious problems with the page. Sometimes this happens when the database has columns that are set to not allow null values and one or more of the fields is being passed in without a value.

To test that, update your orders database and allow null for all of the fields (except the autonumber of course) and try again. If one or more of the fields is inserted with a null value, that was the one causing the failure to insert when it wasn't allowed.

Jedi

Thanks, I had one field, the date that didn't allow null. I fixed it and I will check to see if that works.

Jedi

I have one more site that is also having an issue with the paypal express not going through. The site is www.kicretiveplastics.net. When the order is going to paypal after logging in and selecting submit I am taken back to the pp_confirm.php page and I see an error that says:
Unknown column 'bmbhi4d1ctrscihhdc1cvjhq92' in 'field list'.
I have looked and I do not know what this is referring to?
I noticed in my email though that the order actually is processed at paypal and i am not redirected to the checkout_success.php page but rather when i refresh the error message I am taken to the checkoout_failure.php page not knowing the the transaction was processed.

Attached Files
pp_confirm.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is because the OrderUserID is set to an integer in the database, but you have it set to session_id() in the insert server behavior, which includes letters.

The solution is either to set it to a numeric value, or update the database to be a varchar instead of int field and then update the Store Cart Summary in database server behavior and specify that field as a text field there as well.

Jedi

Thanks Ray, that seemed to work!
I am stumped however on my other site nursecontinuinged.com and getting data from the visitors table that is pulling information based on the MM-UserName session variable the the customer is logged in with. I can't seem to get that information to be loaded into fields that I have in my orders table. Can you help me figure this one out?

Attached Files
confirm.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...