close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Results page showing all records instead of searched

Thread began 10/12/2015 5:02 pm by Paul | Last modified 11/09/2015 11:45 am by Ray Borduin | 2722 views | 18 replies |

Paul

Results page showing all records instead of searched

I have the admin section working fine, except when I go to the search page and search for 1 particular SKU. The results page shows ALL the results, not the one that I am searching for.

I've included the results and the search page.

Thanks for the help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the Database Search Server Behavior didn't get applied on the results page like it needs to be. You can just apply it now and set up the filters from the search page to search the appropriate columns. While on the results page, just click the plus in the server behaviors panel and go to: "WebAssist->DataAssist->DataAssist Search" and use the UI to set up the search from the existing search page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Paul

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the response. I thought I did it correctly, but it is still showing all the results.

See PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Lines 44-51 should be updated to:

if (isset($_GET["Search"])) {
$WADbSearch1 = new FilterDef;
$WADbSearch1->initializeQueryBuilder("MYSQL","1");
//keyword array declarations

//comparison list additions
$WADbSearch1->addComparison("ProductSKU","".$_GET['ProductSKU'] ."","AND","=",0);
$WADbSearch1->addComparison("ProductName","".$GET['ProductName'] ."","AND","=",0);

This issues are that you set the trigger to be "any form post" and the search form doesn't use a post method. So I switched it to look for the submit button in the GET type form.

The other issue is that you had set the two columns to filter with the values from the Recordset... you need to filter the recordset with the values from the form. You never told the search what the form elements were to search from.

Paul

That worked, Ray. Thanks so much!

Paul

Ray,

Can you take a look at the page attached. For some reason the HTML Editor instances are there, but I can't type in them. They worked fine yesterday.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to look at them on your server. Do you have a live url and ftp information you can put in the private area for me to test with?

Paul

PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue is in the file: http://outfisher.out-fit.net/p7synergy/custom.css on line 282.

The style definition for:
ul li span {

has a float:right

That is throwing off the editor because it is displayed as a span inside of list tags. The solution is to probably use a spacific class name when setting the styles for the accordion you are trying to adjust with that css code instead of styling all ul elements.

Paul

That worked, Ray. Thanks.

There is a problem that has happened a few times before and has not been able to be fixed in the admin section.

When I search for 1 product, the results come up properly. When I go back to the home page, or select a link to show ALL the results, only the product that I searched for shows up. None of the other 273 products show.

If I log out and log back in, all the results show up.

I don't want my client to have to go through this. Not professional.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...