close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I add a dynamic database to a submenu link?

Thread began 9/04/2015 10:16 am by anonymous | Last modified 9/04/2015 11:01 am by Ray Borduin | 852 views | 3 replies |

anonymous

How do I add a dynamic database to a submenu link?

I'm building a dynamic database with PHP MyAdmin, a SQL connection and Dreamweaver CC (php). I want to build a home with the menu, if you click on the menu it opens a page explain the content of the submenu, but if you click directly on the submenu it opens a dynamic database (only photos) where I could add or remove any item and each item have a link that open a page where you could read all the information.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I usually start by creating a non-dynamic version of the page I want to build with only maybe 2-3 images. Then once you have that working you can more easily figure out what you need to repeat and get from your database. Also, once you have that built and can show us what you are trying to do, we can comment more specifically about what to do on what lines of code.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

I already build a layout but I need help because I just started learn how to use dreamweaver, know almost nothing about code. So I don't know how you have to think when have to build a website. I just don't know if only the home if static and everything else is dinamic so you have 1 page for every kind of page or 1 page for everything besides the database table and the database info.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have a single page to display all of the photos, because that would come from the database.

Since this is your first time, I'd start by building a fully functional site with just 2 images however you can do it to get it working the way you want it to work.

Then post that to a live url and I can better comment on how to make it dynamic.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...