close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Google Pro Maps error and multiple locations

Thread began 8/10/2015 1:24 pm by Charles | Last modified 9/03/2015 10:10 am by Ray Borduin | 3709 views | 27 replies |

Charles

Google Pro Maps error and multiple locations

I get the attached 'Error in MakePages' when I launch Pro Maps. I click 'OK' and it opens the panel. I enter my API key and go to 'Next' screen and 'Multiple Locations' checkbox is greyed out. Just using MySQL not MySQli and I wand to create a dynamic map with multiple locations.
What can you suggest?
Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That looks like the error you would get in DW 2015 before we made the latest update. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Design Extender extension and the error should go away in the latest update.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Charles

Using CC 2014 but OK I'll try that. Question: I lose my DE presets if I reinstall?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No, presets should be maintained. If you want to be extra careful you can backup you Dreamweaver user's configuration folder before uninstalling to keep a backup of all the settings and files that might be manipulated during the installation process.

Charles

OK I finally circled back on this as I expected issues might arise on the reinstall. As noted above, I'm using DW CC 2014.1 not 2015. Downloaded, installed DE 1.21 and reopened DW.
1> I got the attached error repeatedly by just opening DW
2> I clicked it away just to see if my presets were still there. Activated DE and when I opened both Google Pro, the multiple locations box was still greyed out and then I opened CSS Menuwriter, it showed my presets but when I clicked on them i got "The database connections for this content preset do not exist in this site. Please create the following connections to use the preset GSCsql." GSCsq.php does exist already in my/Connections folder from when DE 1.2 was installed and working before.
3> Just for info, I tried opening DA and it could not find the SQL connection and then started kicking out the same error attached. On retry, it won't even open.
I did backup the DW/Configuration folder as you suggested before the install if that helps.
Help please - I'm stuck as even without accessing WA products DW is popping the attached error and preventing me from working.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That looks like an issue that could be solved by clearing your cache .dat file.

Please follow the instructions outlined here and I believe it will solve your issue: http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=95

Charles

Thanks. Clearing the cache did stop the errors and other odd behavior. Still get a greyed out checkbox for multiple locations. Even if I enter a static location and insert it, I get the attached error below despite having obtained and entered a Google AP key. Now this is on wamp server and maybe it has to be live to work - not sure, but would still like to be able to use the multi-location dynamic address feature if possible.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This error means the API key you entered is not correct. The current version of pro maps doesn't require an API key at all, so leave that field blank in the maps UI and this error should go away.

Charles

Tried with no API key - result:
1> Multi location box is still greyed out
2> entered single location to see if that even worked. could see the Map placeholder in DW design view but nothing appears in the Live view.
Maybe you can take a look together when we talk later unless you have some other suggestion in the meantime.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can you send me a screen shot of the muliti-location checkbox you are referring to?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...