close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

hyperlinks inside a MySQLi Repeat Region: only the last one works

Thread began 7/14/2015 10:42 am by markhaynes75235 | Last modified 7/16/2015 4:37 pm by Ray Borduin | 1110 views | 4 replies |

markhaynes75235

Hi Ray and Jason:

I ran into a curious problem today. On a page where I have a MySQLi recordset that loops over data in our Stories table, I've inserted the MySQLi Repeat Region to display 8 stories from our #Iam1in5 campaign. In each repeat region, I've added a paragraph with a call to allow visitors to give in support of the campaign. All of the text appears correctly. The hyperlink color is correct for the text, but the first seven iterations of the hyperlink in the loop do not work. Only the 8th (last) one does!

You can view this page at: http://www.abilityconnectiontexas.org/iam1in5.php

I was wondering if you have seen this issue before, and what can be done to fix it. I have attached a text file with the recordset and repeat region code.

Thanks for your advice!

enthusiastically,
Mark

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is your anchor tag on top of the page, overlapping the link and making it not clickable.

You have: padding-top: 100px; margin-top: -100px;

remove that and then it should all work correctly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

markhaynes75235

Thanks Ray:

Perhaps I'm missing something. The anchor tags are closed on the same line with the </a>, and the links in the repeat region are below that closing </a> tag. I thought I had forgotten to close the <a> tag at first, but that was not the case. Perhaps there's something about anchors I was not aware of. The anchor tags enable visitors on the homepage at http://www.abilityconnectiontexas.org/index.php to click on the images/overlays on the bxslider under the menu on that page to view a specific #Iam1in5 story. The style attributes were added to force the browser to display the header text under the anchor. Often anchors will load content several pixels below them, so style attributes can be added to force the content to display correctly.

If there's something I'm missing about anchors, please direct me to some information about this. If there is a better way to have a hyperlink take you to a specific location on the target page, I'd like to know about it.

Thank you again for your help as always!

enthusiastically,
Mark

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue is in the added style for the anchor on the top of the result:

style="padding-top: 100px; margin-top: -100px;"

That causes it to have a 100px padding and pushes it up the page. It then overlaps the anchor from above.

Just remove that code and it should function properly. The problem is overlapping elements, not missing tags.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

markhaynes75235

Thanks Ray:

It didn't occur to me that the style properties were causing the problem. I've fixed it by removing the anchor and using the ID for the div, then putting some space below the div to allow the page to load at the right point.

As always, you are the best!

enthusiastically,
Mark

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...