close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Credit Card on Checkout and saving order/order details

Thread began 6/22/2015 1:55 pm by info4753 | Last modified 7/08/2015 2:25 pm by Ray Borduin | 1178 views | 5 replies |

info4753

Adding Credit Card on Checkout and saving order/order details

I have to add credit card payment from a company not supported by your software. Therefore I have to do all the checkout pages manually. Just to understand the process correctly:

1 I have the order overview page with the cart, the address data and the selected payment method (in this example cc-payment)
2 the client clicks on the "Pay"button
3 I send the total amount and all the needed IDs to the cc-company checkout page
4 the client enters his cc-data on the cc-company website
5 the cc-company send a success (or an error) key, and all the other ids back to a confirm (or error) page on my shop-website
6 I update the order/order details on the database on my confirm page "when the page loads"
7 I send confirmation emails
8 I remove all the sessions

Is this the correct way/process?

What is not clear to me: how do I know that the return data belongs to the correct order? Do I have to save the order data after point 3 to the database first with a (not yet paid) flag and after the cc-company calls my confirm page, I filter the order and set the "not yet paid" flag to "Paid"?

Thanks for any information on this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The exact process depends on the payment gateway. You should follow their documentation for the checkout process they support.

The one you suggest could be right, but without knowledge of the payment gateway I can't be sure.

Usually the payment gateway will pass back information to the confirm page that can be used to identify the order.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info4753

Ok, thanks Ray. I'll come back on this when I've received the documentation.

info4753

How do I add a redirect like this one to the "eCart store details" server behavior:

$ReplaceGoTo = "postfinance_simulator.php?OrderID=[OrderID]&MEMID=<?php echo $_SESSION['SecurityAssist_MEMID']; ?>&Total=<?php echo $eCartUllrich->GrandTotal(); ?>";

Thanks for any help

Ray BorduinWebAssist

$ReplaceGoTo = "postfinance_simulator.php?OrderID=" .$_SESSION['OrderID'] ."&MEMID=". $_SESSION['SecurityAssist_MEMID'] ."&Total=" .$eCartUllrich->GrandTotal() ."";

The OrderID session should match whatever you entered in the store cart summary in database SB for the saved order id.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info4753

Thanks a lot Ray!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...