close ad
WARNING PC USERS: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installing extensions in CC2015.

Thread began 6/22/2015 2:18 pm by kg_nsa395746 | Last modified 6/24/2015 8:29 pm by Ray Borduin | 1173 views | 15 replies |

kg_nsa395746

Installing extensions in CC2015.

I have installed CC2015 and my extensions aren't loading in Dreamweaver. Are they compatible with this version of CC?

Sign in to reply to this post

kg_nsa395746

I opened CC2014 and there is a tab for WebAssist, however my previously installed CMS Content is not allowing me to edit it. The Properties Panel returns this message, "echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'minutes', 'Board Minutes');". When I select any of the tabs in the WebAssist/CMS menu, nothing happens. I've downloaded and installed the newest versions of all the extensions for SuperSuite into Extension Manager. I've closed and restarted DW CC2014 and 2015. Any ideas or solutions? I need to install CMS into a new website and make some edits in other websites.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The CC2015 update is not yet compatible with our extensions. You may need to reinstall a previous version of Dreamweaver to use it in the meantime until we are able to update our extensions.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

I'm getting javascript errors when I open CC2014. See the attachment. Now DW is locked up and I can't get the error window to close. I've clicked on OK at least 30-40 times and it doesn't respond. Task Manager can't close DW either.

I downloaded the most current extensions today, but when they installed into Extension Manager, it didn't look like it really installed. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew

Try manually deleting the user configuration folder for Dreamweaver. Then completely remove the extensions from the extension manager.

Then Close and open both and reinstall from there. Maybe a fresh start will help. If not, post your phone number and we can try working through it in a screen sharing session.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

I was able to get CMS to work on my laptop by reinstalling the 2014 extension into Extension Manager and using DW 2014. I did the same thing on my desktop but I'm getting a message of Content Area Not Found. I've received this message in the past but can't remember what I had to do to correct it. If we can resolve this, I think I'll be set to go until 2015 extensions are fixed. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Content Area not found is usually an issue with the site definition not pointing to the correct url or no testing server defined.

Compare the settings for the two sites Testing Servers to see what is wrong with the desktop one.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

I've compared the site definitions on both computers and they are identical. I deleted the definition on my desktop and copied the definition from my laptop but it didn't help. I deleted all the site files on my desktop and copied all the same files from my notebook. I checked content regions on other pages on the site and they are working properly. It appears to only affect the one page.

If I try to define a new content region, I'm asked to define a connection. The connection set up for this site isn't appearing. See the attachment. When I click on Define, the next window has the New button grayed out.

Can you give me other recommendations to look at?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Download the Connections folder from the server. Maybe you don't have it on the local machine and it is necessary to connect to the database.

1) Get the Connections folder
2) Restart Dreamweaver

See if that does the trick.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

I had a connections folder on my local drive so I deleted it and redownloaded the entire folder from the server. I'm still experiencing the same issues. To recap, on the one site I'm working on now, only one of the site's pages with CMS installed is giving me the Content Not Found error. When I try to add a new content region, my site connection doesn't appear. Can you give me something else to try? I have additional pages to add CMS to for this site as well as CMS to add to 2 additional sites. I'm anxious to get this resolved.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...