close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Today was the Dreamhost to Cafe Commerce Update/Transfer

Thread began 6/18/2015 11:51 am by anonymous | Last modified 8/17/2015 6:20 pm by Ray Borduin | 6923 views | 19 replies |

anonymous

HELP- OH MY GOD HELP!!!

Today was the Dreamhost to Cafe Commerce Update/Transfer, and our site is as it was back a couple months ago. WE LOST ALL THE WORK WE DID. IT IS AN OLD VERSION OF THE F_ING SITE.

Moreover, http://ginelectronics.com now re-directs to https://ginelectronics.cafecommerce.com/

You have no idea how much work we have done on our site the last few months. PLEASE don't tell us we are f-ing screwed!!!

JW

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Everything should be moved over. We haven't finished the transfer of the entire database. If you post a phone number I can call and look into it with you to make sure everything has been transferred, but I think you will see all of the updates are coming over now.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

Hey Ray

Sorry- jumped the gun, but the email I received about this state

"Your site will automatically be migrated on Thursday, June 18th at 12 PM PST. During the migration process we will be mirroring your site content, so you won’t experience any downtime. However, your store will be temporarily disabled at 10:30 AM PST while we switch DNS and reroute traffic. We expect the migration to take less than 30 minutes. "

So after a couple hours, I was worried. Most of the info came back by about 10 last night, albeit some stuff is still missing and wrong- and some pictures and page names are messed up. Not sure how bad, but I can't really look into it because I still can't get into our Admin as of this morning. Since yesterday afternoon when we try to log in it states, "Login to admin has been temporarily disabled while we transfer data. Users should be able to shop an purchase from your store at this time. Please check back in 2 hours."

Any idea when we can get back into Admin?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Admin has been re-enabled... some users will still be blocked from editing or inserting new products for a few more hours until that migration has completed. Thank you for your patience.

anonymous

still not correct

I did get caught by surprise with the change in CafeCommerce but waited patiently while blood boiled and steam built. A few days later now and not right, not secure, lost tons of pages, and your Voice Mail message states you're off for the weekend. Hope you are enjoying your time off, I'm not.

Justin HoodWebAssist

Please reply with your domain name and specifically list your issues and I can look into it immediately. If you don't wish to state your domain name publicly, you can reply here with a private message, or you can submit a Contact Form: http://www.webassist.com/contact

anonymous

Store.lakawa.com
also replied to Ray Borduin. Do you two speak to one another?

Justin HoodWebAssist

I've repaired your SSL certificate. You have secure traffic now.
Please see your other thread for more information.

Have a great weekend, anonymous!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, we speak. We can handle this issue in the other thread so that you aren't working on the same issue with two people in two threads.

anonymous

Hello Again

OK. I fixed the files tht were incorrect and re-uploaded the missing images. However, just to cross all the T s and Dot the I s, Can I disregard the following email from Google, or is there anything we/you have to do?

Thx in Advance

JW

http://www.ginelectronics.com/: Googlebot can't access your site
Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 23 errors while attempting to retrieve DNS information for your site. The overall error rate for DNS queries for your site is 100.0%.

Recommended action

If the site error rate is 100%:
Use a WHOIS tool to verify that http://www.ginelectronics.com/ has a proper whois record and that nameservers are configured for the site. If not, contact your domain registrar to update your whois records.
Using a DNS lookup tool, verify that the nameserver's name can be resolved to an IP address. If not, either update your whois record to contain an IP address for your nameserver, or update the DNS records for nameserver.
Using a DNS lookup tool, verify that http://www.ginelectronics.com/ can be resolved to an IP address. If it can't, update the DNS record for http://www.ginelectronics.com/ on your nameserver.
If the site error rate is less than 100%:
The most likely explanation is that your nameserver is overloaded. Contact your hosting provider and discuss the configuration of your DNS server and the possibility of allocating more resources to your DNS service.
If your site redirects to another hostname, another possible explanation is that a URL on your site is redirecting to a hostname that has a DNS problem. Consider checking the links to which your site redirects and make sure that the sites in your redirect links don't have any DNS issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...