close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Orders from my new page with newly added fields are not passing order details from cart to checkout page

Thread began 6/12/2015 1:05 pm by marsha431457 | Last modified 6/15/2015 3:25 pm by Ray Borduin | 1673 views | 4 replies |

marsha431457

Orders from my new page with newly added fields are not passing order details from cart to checkout page

Orders from my revised page with newly added fields are not passing order details from cart to checkout page. Also it is going from the cart page directly to the checkout page without going to confirm or checkout success pages. This is the same page in the thread "I have missing arguments" that i have been discussing with Ray. (http://www.bandofhonor.com/tags_double_rbtest.php). Because of this it is also not passing the details on to the custom email receipt. Perhaps this is because it might not be an up-datable cart, but I am fearful of going into the cart display manager to change that. Last time I did that it changed many things I had taken pains to set up.

Attached Files
cart_static.php
checkout.php
checkout_success.php
confirm.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think we should do a premier support ticket to get this done. I'm a little confused about what is going wrong and I think it would be best to work with you and your files directly to get this resolved.

I think you need to update the cart details calculation to include your new columns so they are passed to authorize.net. The success page is redirected after checkout and has to be specified in the authorize.net hidden form and configured from your authorize.net control panel.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

marsha431457

I will try updating the cart details calculation first (hope I can figure out how to do that). The success page was working from our other 3 order pages, so I guess I need to check to make sure that is still the case (don't know why it would've changed). If that doesn't work I will ask the boss again about the support ticket. He is not inclined to spend any more money on this, it is already WAY over budget. It doesn't seem like your tutorials or help documentation apply to our situation very often.

marsha431457

I have isolated the problem.

I updated the cart details calculations and now all details are passing through to Authorize.net and to our custom email receipt. They have always showed on cart_static but where they are NOT showing is checkout.php. The only detail showing on checkout.php is the date. And it goes directly from cart_static to checkout, it does not go to confirm.php. Does that matter? I WOULD like it to show on checkout.php though if possible.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can copy and paste the information from the cart_static page to the cart_confirm page to have it shown on the checkout page. The confirm page is now shown embedded on the checkout page instead of as a different step in eCart 6, so it isn't a problem that you don't see that page directly in your process.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...