close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Disable Grid View?

Thread began 5/30/2015 5:37 pm by anonymous | Last modified 7/06/2015 10:59 am by Ray Borduin | 5865 views | 14 replies |

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Hello Again

When the category pages change from list view to grid view, they do not display some pertinent information that is shows in lower section of list view. I list some of my products where that space lists options, thus I NEED it. Is there a way to get that info to display in grid view, and if not, is there a way to disable the grid view?

thx

JW

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You cannot add information to the grid view, but you can disable the links to it.

Just go to the admin and click on the Design tab. Then choose the Advanced sub-tab.

Add this to the editable area like a CSS Ninja:

.change_view {
display:none;
}

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Thanks. Worked Great. Last question (probably a lie), is there a way to disable the mirror site ginelectronics.mycafecommerce.com

My SEO people advised this to prevent search engines from finding duplicate content. Also, since this is a new question, would you like another thread opened in case anyone else want to disable it?

Also Ray- Please check out section in private area Please...

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Hey Did you get my reply/question to your last post? I had edited it and I am not sure if you got the question. It is rather important so please help if you can...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm looking into making updates to prevent access to the other version of the site and provide the ability to edit the robots.txt file. Please give me a few days to work on this because it will require a code update, but I think we should be able to add this for you.

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Thanks.

I am not sure how important all this is- I am just going with what the SEO people tell me.

We'll see what happens :/

thx agn

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK, these updates have been completed for you.

Now it will automatically take you to the custom domain version of the site if you try to access it from the .mycafecommerce.com domain.

Also in your Admin you can go to the Design tab and find a new section for Robots.txt that will allow you to add content to the robots.txt file as instructed by your SEO advisers.

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Great!

Thanks You For All Your Help...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No problem, let me know if you need help with anything else.

anonymous

Disable Grid View?

Hey Ray (me again)...

When I went into my account I noticed something. When you set up the robots.txt files, it erased the info I had been given by CC to place in the advance CCS page. One was the remove grid view, which I can get the code above. Another code I had in there was a disable the side bar code, as I have made my own side bar so I would have main category pages with more info. Could you send me the code for that. I had received that code long time ago before you were helping me- right now we have 2 side bars (one above the other). I had another code in there- well maybe, But I am trying to remember what it was.

Also, when putting code into robots.txt file, is there a code beginning and end { } or something, or just put the codes I have received as they read line by line?

Thanks

Again

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...