close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist Search form problems

Thread began 5/21/2015 7:32 am by Mags | Last modified 5/26/2015 5:02 pm by Charles | 2679 views | 6 replies |

Mags

DataAssist Search form problems

I have a basic DataAssist results page with a search box on the results page but it's not working as it should - when you search, it initially says no results found but if you hit the Back button you get the appropriate search result. I also built in a Reset Search button (I've done this on a few pages already with no issues) but it's not working at all, just does nothing. The page is based on other very similar pages I have that do work correctly and I've made sure the PHP code blocks are in exactly the same order as on pages that work fine, so can't think what else to try.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach a copy of the results page and I can take a look. It sounds like the search server behavior is above the recordset based on the description, but I'll have to look at the page to be sure.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Mags

Hi Ray, thanks for taking a look at this - page is attached. I tried moving the search server behavior below the recordset but it didn't make any difference. Strange thing is I have a few other pages on the same site built in exactly the same way and they all work fine!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks good to me... Can you post a url and steps to reproduce the issue as well as FTP information so that I can debug it on the server? I don't see the problem in the code so active debugging will probably be necessary.

Mags

No problem, details in PM section.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update the form action from:
action="linked_clients.php"

to:
action="linked_clients.php?AccountantID=<?php echo(intval($_GET['AccountantID'])); ?>"

Your page depends on the AccountantID in the url to show the correct result and it isn't getting passed in the form action.

Another thing, is that I couldn't even type into the form field for the search in Firefox. I had to add: style="clear:both" to the div:
<div class="col-lg-12">

You will want to fix that before going live.

Mags

Hi Ray, thanks for that. It still didn't work for me, however I included a hidden field in the form to pass the URL variable and that did the trick, so your answer put me on the right track!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...