close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Binding customers contact info (collected by getway) into eCart custom email receipt

Thread began 5/01/2015 12:32 pm by marsha431457 | Last modified 5/07/2015 11:18 am by Ray Borduin | 3030 views | 12 replies |

marsha431457

Binding customers contact info (collected by getway) into eCart custom email receipt

Is it possible to include the customer's contact info, which is collected by Authorize.net, into my custom email receipt from ecart?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, Authorize.net will pass back the customer details to the success page. You can then refer to that information in the email. Including just information from authorize.net is simple because you can refer to it directly. If you want to also include shopping cart information from the Session, then it is more difficult because you have to forward the information you want from the success page to your site. If you can supply a copy of your current confirm and success pages I can give more precise details.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

marsha431457

I already have the shopping cart information included (as you know from that previous and VERY long thread), but now the client likes it so much he wants to add the customer's details (name, address etc).

Attached Files
checkout_success.php
confirm.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK, on line 3 of the success page you are already passing the email address forward:

die('<script>document.location.href="http://www.bandofhonor.com/checkout_success.php?email='.$_POST['x_email'].'";</script>');

To get the other fields from authorize.net you would have to pass them forward as well like:

die('<script>document.location.href="http://www.bandofhonor.com/checkout_success.php?email='.$_POST['x_email'].'&firstname='.$_POST['x_first_name'].'';</script>');

Then you could refer to the first name in your email with <?php echo($_GET['firstname']); ?>

For a complete list of variables passed back to your page see: http://www.authorize.net/support/SIM_guide.pdf

marsha431457

so I would add all the fields I want from their list in that same script just by continuing to add '&nameoffield='.$_POST['x_nameoffield']." using the field names from Authorize? Or does each field need its own script?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, append any fields you want passed with that syntax... they would not need their own script just appended to that one as you suggested.

marsha431457

So this is what I have done:
die('<script>document.location.href="http://www.bandofhonor.com/checkout_success.php?email='.$_POST['x_email'].'&firstname='.$_POST['x_first_name'].'&lastname='.$_POST['x_last_name'].'&address='.$_POST['x_address'].'&city='.$_POST['x_city'].'&state='.$_POST['x_state'].'&zip='.$_POST['x_zip'].'&country='.$_POST['x_country'].'&phone='.$_POST['x_phone'].'';</script>');

And now I need to add a php for each of these fields:
<?php echo($_GET['firstname']); ?>
<?php echo($_GET['lastname']); ?>
and so on thru all the fields.

Is there anywhere in particular i should put this php?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Anywhere you want it to appear in the email body. Just put it where it fits in your email page design.

marsha431457

So that part of the code goes on the email page (blank_2) instead of the checkout_success?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It could go on both... wherever you want to refer to the information collected by authorize.net once you get back to your page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...