close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email sent via GoDaddy

Thread began 4/09/2015 8:49 am by jlowery | Last modified 4/09/2015 8:49 pm by Ray Borduin | 2528 views | 7 replies |

jlowery

Email sent via GoDaddy

On an ecommerce site, I had used Universal Email to send a separate order form to the company after an order is complete. Since moving to GoDaddy hosting, it doesn't work any more. I've created a separate page for testing the email and so far haven't been able to get that to work either. As noted in the dialog, I'm using smtp.secureserver.net as the SMTP server, with the default mail object. I've tried selecting the Include From Address option as well. So far, no go.

Anything else I can try to get this working?

I've attached my test page and various includes.

As always - thank you so much for your help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Sweens

It looks like you have set it to use additional parameters for the from address... I think that could be messing it up.

Update line 15 of waue_emailtest_1.php.

You have:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("smtp.secureserver.net","25","","","1","UTF-8");

Try:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("smtp.secureserver.net","25","","","","UTF-8");

It that doesn't work, also try:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("mail.secureserver.net","25","","","","UTF-8");

jlowery

I found an alternative SMTP server that seems to work - smptout.secureserver.net.

I'm getting some database errors now, but that might be something I can address. I'll let you know if I get in too deep. :)

Thanks - Joe

Attached Files
muirhead_receipt.php

jlowery

Now I'm stuck. I cleared a couple of database errors, but am now getting the following:

Notice: Undefined variable: connMuirhead_DB in /home/muirheadfoods/public_html/confirm.php on line 479
Notice: Undefined variable: database_connMuirhead_DB in /home/muirheadfoods/public_html/confirm.php on line 492
Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /home/muirheadfoods/public_html/confirm.php on line 494
Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /home/muirheadfoods/public_html/confirm.php on line 528

I've attached confirm.php in hopes you can help.

TIA - Joe

Attached Files
confirm.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The page looks fine... the connection is there on line 98, so I'm not sure why it says the connection variables aren't defined lower on the page.

Can I see a copy of the page: Connections/connMuirhead_DB.php

Also make sure you are sending me the live version of that page. It really doesn't make sense.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jlowery

Yeah, looks fine to me too. I've attached the current version of connMuirhead_DB.php and double-checked it on the server. They're the same.

Thanks for taking a look - Joe

Attached Files
connMuirhead_DB.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That error makes no sense Joe, everything looks right... give me a ring tomorrow and I'll help you debug it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jlowery

Will do, Ray. Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...