close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist not recognizing connection made with MySQLi connection

Thread began 2/23/2015 1:47 pm by amucinobdot | Last modified 5/29/2015 4:03 pm by Ray Borduin | 4578 views | 11 replies |

amucinobdot

Security Assist not recognizing connection made with MySQLi connection

When using SecurityAssist Authenticate User. If I select MySQL connection it creates it just fine but when I submit the page I get this errors:

Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /Users/BlueDot/Documents/Websites/wiwportal/Connections/wiwportal.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/BlueDot/Documents/Websites/wiwportal/login.php:7) in /Users/BlueDot/Documents/Websites/wiwportal/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php on line 56

If I create a dynamic MySQLi connection then the extension creates it BUT it won't recognize it and I cannot select the connection and table to match the username/password against. So .... I am stuck. How come it is not compatible with MySQLi ????

Where to go from here. i can't finish a simple login page :# its quite frustrating.

Attached is the screenshot of the connection (On the left side it is listed) that I JUST created with the extension, then when it goes back to the option of selecting the MySQLi connection it doesnt recognize it and its not listed.

Not only this but I am using the wizard to create the security pages and I have the same issue. The connection is not displayed at all. (Screenshot2) even thought it EXISTS. (Screenshot 3)

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Security Assist is not compatible with MySQLi at this time.

we are working on an upgrade to Data Bridge to add MySQLi support, we hope to have that released by the end of the quarter.

for the time being, you will need to turn of deprecated winning in the php.ini file, if you contact your host, they should be able to help you with editing the php.ini file for your site to disable deprecated warnings.

amucinobdot

Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Roland Rogers

Hi, I am having the same problem and wonder the best direction to take. I thought buying and using the MySQLi extension was a good step to take but looks like it is not supported across other extensions.

How do you recommend setting up the database connection to be able to use Security Assist as intended?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are working on an upgrade to Data Bridge to add MySQLi support, we hope to have that released by the end of the quarter.

To use Security Assist, you will need to create a standard MySQL connection either using the Dynamic MySQL Connection interface or the built in Dreamweaver connection interface.

Nathon Jones Web Design

Is this resolved Jason? Is SecurityAssist MySQLi compatible now?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Data Bridge has not been updated for MySQLi compatibility yet. We hope to get out a new version soon to work with MySQLi, but there are hundreds of interfaces that need to be updated, so it is taking longer than we had hoped.

Currently you can only use the MySQLi server behaviors and eCart with MySQLi connections.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

amucinobdot

?

When are the extensions being updated to work with MySQLi ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We are working on updating our product line to be fully MySQLi compliant. However the functionality in Data Bridge was developed over a dozen years and has to be almost completely re-written so it will take some time. This will be our primary focus until we are done, but don't have a public release date.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...