close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist 50 members logged in at the same time?

Thread began 2/04/2015 6:53 am by Andre | Last modified 2/09/2015 12:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3146 views | 11 replies |

Andre

SecurityAssist 50 members logged in at the same time?

I am setting up a competition page. I want people to be able to create a user/login & enter the competition a number of times. I am using the SecurityAssist to generate the login pages & User controls. I could be in a situation that 20 or 30 people could be trying to login at the same time. Is there a way that this can be done? basically that i can have up to 50 members logged in at the same time?

So if i have 50 people logged in how do i get them all to see the competition page with a form & have the logged in persons details there?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't think I understand the question. There is no reason why 50 people couldn't log in at the same time without changing anything. Where exactly is this going wrong? It shouldn't be any different than setting it up so 1 person can register and log in.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Andre

I am new to this kind of thing & not sure if i am asking the correct question.

Where do the logged in people get redirected to?

I have 1 php document with the entry form on it so if i have 50 people logged in how can they all use the 1 entry form page?

Is there a way of setting up the entry form page as a template that when someone logs in it will make a page from this for the logged in person, so essentially as people register they will all have their own page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the way that security assist login works is:

the user enters the username (or email address) and password, this is passed to the database to look up a record that contains the entered information.

if a record is found, the ID for that record is stored in a session variable.

in the security assist authenticate user behavior, you can set the page that they are redirected to on successful login. if you go to the session tab, you can also set other columns such as First name, last name to save to session variables.

on the success page, you can either use the ID session variable to create a recordset that contains the users specific data and display that, or if you set the login top save other columns to sessions, you can use those sessions to display the users information.

Andre

OK so if i set the redirection for logged in users to the competition page (this has the competition form).

Then i login (andre) & start filling out the form on the competition page.

At the same time you login (jason) & are re-directed to the same page?

How does that work?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

each submission will be a unique submission.

when the form submits, you should also capture the User ID session that is created to tie it to the person who filled it out.

Andre

Jason 1 of us is misunderstanding how this works!!!!!!

What i am asking is if i only have 1 form page & 2 people are logged in at the same time, how is it possible if i only have 1 page?

So when i login & i am redirected to the form page & at the same time you login & are redirected to the same form page?

So essentially you & me are logged in at the same time how can we both fill out the form if there is only 1 form page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

we are both using different computers to access the form

a server can send the same page to multiple people at a time regardless of whether the user needs to login first.

when you visit can.com and view a news article, it is also being viewed at the same time by many other people.

this is no different from a form page.

now the key, is that when the form is submitted, you will want to collect information specific to the user who filed it in

when a user logs in, their is is saved to a session. when the form submits, you want to collect the session along with the form information.

Andre

Brilliant, so if i want the form to be automatically filled in with the logged in user details, name,email,phone.........

do i insert a binding in the form field for user details, name,email,phone......... ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Like i said previously, when the user logs in, the ID is saved to a Session variable.

you can use that session as a filter in a recordset to return the logged in users information, and use that recordset in the form bindings.

this is similar to the way the user update page, that the security assist wizard creates, works. you can refer to that page for details.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...