close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Option for taking orders by telephone?

Thread began 12/20/2014 12:43 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 1/27/2015 8:25 am by Jason Byrnes | 1980 views | 11 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

Option for taking orders by telephone?

We have eCart set up with SecureCode / Verified by Visa which provides an additional level of security that our customers appreciate.
We are taking orders by telephone too though and we have to, at present, use our PayPal virtual terminal which means that none of those orders are logged through our website (which has an admin back-end).

Is there a way to combine the two processes so that we can have all orders logged through our website system?
What is the best approach?

Thank you.
NJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the phone orders you would need to put through on the website in order to have them recorded in the database.

You should be able to go through the checkout using the existing checkout pages and enter the customers information to put the phone order through.

Nathon Jones Web Design

Yes but then it asks for the SecureCode / Verified by Visa password which isn't something that we take over the telephone because, as far as the customer is concerned, that's only for use when they're making a purchase online.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Then you would need to create a second set of checkout pages for use only by the admin to process the telephone order and not include the verified by visa aspect.

Nathon Jones Web Design

Terrified of doing that Jason because it was a HUGE hassle to get the checkout pages correct in the first place, with the SecureCode and Verified by Visa, and I simply can't afford another 6 months working out why it isn't working.

In order to create a second set of checkout pages, could I copy the existing pages and simply comment out the SecureCode and Verified by Visa section?

Simply....huge LOL.

NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There would be a fair bit of hand editing needed to copy and paste the existing checkout pages.

they would need to be moved to a new folder, so any links to css, js and other would need to be updated, and the include references would need to updated also

Nathon Jones Web Design

Why a new folder Jason? Could the pages not sit in the same directory as the 3D Secure Checkout pages, just named differently, which would save having to update any include references?

Those pages could be hidden from search engines via robots.txt and sitemap.xml couldn't they, if that was the concern?

Would appreciate your advice. Thank you.
NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I guess it would work without moving to a new folder.

My practice is that all admin pages be in an admin specific directory to avoid confusion. I guess the admin checkout pages would still work without moving them to an admin folder. just feels wrong to me. but it's your site so i guess my feeling are not that important ;)

Nathon Jones Web Design

I appreciate your feelings Jason; having admin stuff in an admin folder is good practice. However, I need my client to be able to just bring up the alternative basket and checkout pages without having to login anywhere, ideally, plus, as you've highlighted, there would be shed loads of updating required for include files, stylesheets etc.

What pages, from the eCart flow, will I need to copy?

I'll need a copy of the basket page because it will need to direct to the alternative checkout page:
https://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/shopping-basket.php

Then I'll obviously need to create a copy of the checkout page:
https://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/checkout.php

What else? There's a confirm.php isn't there, and isn't there script files that these pages reference that might cause problems in that they request the 3D Secure authorisation?

I would appreciate your guidance with this. Thank you.
NJ

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need checkout, confirm_cart, and confirm for sure.

you may need others as well, I cont really say as there was custom coding to set it up initially.

We could help you get this working in a premiere support appointment, it should take about an hour i would think.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...