close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Local Checkout Server Behaviors

Thread began 11/09/2014 6:55 pm by david | Last modified 11/24/2014 9:49 am by Jason Byrnes | 3673 views | 17 replies |

david

Local Checkout Server Behaviors

Hey guys, here is a quick rundown on what I'm trying to accomplish and what I've tried with no success. Ultimately I'm wanting to use eCart6 but I want to use it with my own checkout form and order history table in the database. This coupled with the fact that eCart6 doesn't yet support MySQLi pretty much excludes using the checkout wizard. So I thought it would be simple enough to use the Local Checkout server behaviors and then use MySQLi to update the DB. After some failures and research I came across this post from Christopher West last month with the same problem of no server behaviors showing up in the window. His post is here: /forums/posts.php?id=35481 . I also have tried to use the checkout wizard and the database tables it created but bypassing the address form which was found here: forums/posts.php?id=28255 which worked well but the process failed. After reading this post: /forums/posts.php?id=33603 I had the same error message of the credentials being wrong despite double checking them with authorize.net and making sure I was using the sandbox.

So, this shopping cart / checkout system is my last major hurdle for this project and I need to close it out soon. I'm willing to pay for the premiere support if it means I can have someone work with me on the process so i can better understand what's going wrong and learn from it.

Here are my questions:
Is there a way to get the "Local Checkout" server behaviors working so i can use my own checkout form and database tables?
If so, then can you confirm that I can still update my tables with MySQLi from somewhere like the success page?

and for Authorize.net:
Is the problem caused by me running this locally using xammp?
does it have to be ran from the server with SSL in place?
If not, how else can I trouble shoot the error with my loginID and Transaction Key?

If this is Jason, you have my Skype contact and as mentioned ( despite this bug for the server behavior issue ) I'm more than willing to pay for the premiere support to get this closed out. I just want to be able to understand the fix and work arounds.

Thanks guys!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There is a bug with the local checkout server behaviors, so for them to be working, Ray will need to update them and we will need to release an updated version of the extension, i have logged the issue, but we have had our nose to the grindstone on fixing compatibility updates with DW CC 2014.1, and now we need to start addressing compatibility with Mac OS Yosemite.

Using eCart 6.1.0, the checkout wizard will generate MySQLi code for the store order summary and store order details behaviors if you have a MySQLi connection created and select that in the checkout wizard.

where want to use your own form, i would use the checkout wizard to create the pages, then replace the check for on the shout pages with your own, make sure to use the same form name and ID, and also make sure to use the same names and IDs for the form elements.

As for your questions about authorize. net, I Would need to troubleshoot in oder to see what is wrong.

In some cases, you can run the checkout from your local XAMPP, but in other cases, you should use the remote server and SSL.

If you are using the SIM implementation method, (filling in Credit card info on your site) it needs to use SSL.

If you would like us to work with you one on one through a premiere support incident for troubleshooting, we can do that, please submit a request here:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

other wise i will need a link to the site and your FTP information in the private message section to troubleshoot.

david

Hi Jason, thanks for the quick response. So I followed your advice and updated eCart. I am able to connect with my MySQLi connection which is great but what's better is that the "local checkout" server behaviors are now available! Maybe Ray already tinkered with it but I thought you guys should know that it is working now with that update.

If I continue to use the local checkout behaviors, how would you recommend I update my database with the users order data? If I insert the data when they click the purchase button I worry that if the transaction fails wouldn't the data be inserted? Then I thought I thought I could have the data follow to the "success" page and when that page loads insert the data? If I can do it this way how can I have it insert a new line for each item in the order and how would I "dump" that info after it gets inserted?

Once I get the checkout process sorted out, I'll upload it to my server and check if Authorize.Net is working and if not, then I'll PM you FTP access so you take a look.

Thanks guys!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the confirm page, use the store order summary and store order details behaviors to users information to the order summary table and to save the cart information to the order details table.

the store order details behave will save a new record for each line item.

to seer the information after it is insert, you would need to create reforests to query the orders table and the orders details tables.

david

You said "confirm page", which is generated by the wizard. Did you mean use the "store order summary" on my success page or do I need to create a confirm page?

My flow is is as following, Cart page with checkout button -> checkout page with purchase button -> either success or failure page depending on authorize.net's response.

So do I add the "store order summary" and "store order details" behaviors on the checkout page or the success page?

Thanks,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you don't have a confirm page, you can add it on the success page.

david

Hey Jason, I'm going through the local checkout server behaviors and find myself a little confused. If I understand it correctly authorize.net requires certain parameters to be passed through like cc number, cvv number, etc. They also require the expiration date. In the server behaviors there is only one parameter for expiration date but my form (as well as the checkout wizard's form) has the date in two fields; one for the month and one for the year. the binding button only allows me to choose one of the form fields so how can I pass the entire date in the requested format?

Also, I've uploaded the files to my server and have my SSL running and still get the same error message: "The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive." I'm going to tinker with it some more while I get the rest of the bugs worked out and then if I need additional help I'll create an FTP access for you.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

select the month form element, copy that code that gets generated, then select the year form element, and paste the mont in front of it, th

assuming the form elements are named exp_month and exp_year, the final code would look like this for the biding:
<?php echo((isset($_POST["exp_month"]))?$_POST["exp_month"]:"") ?><?php echo((isset($_POST["exp_year"]))?$_POST["exp_year"]:"") ?>

david

that's pretty simple! In my head it was way more complex. Thanks! I'm still tinkering with the DB update. I'm having a little trouble but think I'll manage... if not I'll be asking for more help! Sorry.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the gateway credentials should be stored in the file:
webassist/ecart/checkout/credentials/gateways.php

I don't see this file uploaded to the FTP server. make sure to upload that file.

also, the checkout page was missing the request ounce line to attach that file, i added that into the checkout. ounce the file is uploaded, it should be able to get the correct credentials for the checkout.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...