close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

After updating Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 MYSQLi doesn't work.

Thread began 10/14/2014 10:59 am by laboy390110 | Last modified 10/30/2014 11:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 4682 views | 5 replies |

laboy390110

After updating Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 MYSQLi doesn't work.

Please advise on how to correct the problem. As soon as I click on the "Server Behavior" MySQLi + panel, it shuts.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is a bug in the New Dreamweaver Upgrade for 2014.1 that is effecting our serialization. We have reported the Issue to adobe and have started working on work around to get this issue sorted as quickly as possible. I Will update this thread when i have more information.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

FYI:

I have found that it is possible to install earlier versions of the creative cloud apps through the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, this will allow you to install DW CC until we can update the extensions for CC 2014.1:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/01/29/revert-to-a-previous-version-of-premiere-pro-cc-or-any-creative-cloud-application/

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Data Bridge 1.2.1 was released to address compatibility issues with DW CC 2014.1, please uninstall the previous version from the extension manager before installing the update.

We will be releasing updates to the other extensions one at a time. we will announce those updates in the respective forums as well as on our Facebook and twister pages

Ben Pleysier

F#@$% Y#@ for your arrogance. Here I am patiently waiting for the horrible blunder to be fixed and you release the corrected versions without notifying us.

I have kept my mouth because I felt for you, thinking that Adobe were the arrogant ones. I now know better.

I EXPECT YOU TO NOTIFY US, NOT US HAVING TO SPEND EVEN MORE OF OUR VALUABLE TIME IN LOOKING IN EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY FOR THE UPDATES.

I have to spend time updating two versions of Dreamweaver, installing the updated extensions with their ridiculous workflows. Why don't you ask DMXZone how it should be done. Theirs is seamless using their updater. Notifications are immediate and most importantly, the serial-numbers are automatically added.

I now know where to send my customers for their extensions. For me, it is the start of the ending of my relation with WebAssist.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ben, we apologize for the lack of notification, we felt our customers would want to install all of the updates at the same time so where going to send an email when all updates where completed. We did not want flood the email boxes of our customers. we have been announcing updates here in the forums as well on on our Facebook page and Twitter feed. In response to your message, I have asked our marketing manager to send individual email updates.

Also, please see this response from Ray to one of your other posts:
posts.php?pid=182600

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  I apologize Ben, we just started rolling out the updates two days ago and still have more work to do. We will be rolling out one or two per day for the next few days and can hopefully have them all updated by early next week.

We didn't want to crowd our customer email boxes with alerts and messages since the updates are coming out so quickly and our plan was to make the announcement early next week as soon as all of the updates have been pushed live. So far we have released fixes for Data Bridge and mySQLi server behaviors. Our plan is to get eCart out today, and Design Extender and free tools tomorrow so that we can send out the announcement over the weekend.

It wasn't an act of arrogance to not announce, it was a decision to not annoy people with too many emails and based on the concept that most of our customers will want to upgrade everything at once. Many have downgraded and are still using CC 2014 in the meantime and wouldn't want to upgrade to 2014.1 until all of the extensions have been updated.

We have been making the announcements in the forums and social media channels in the mean time so that active customers can see the progress if they are interested.

I further apologize if this was the wrong decision for you. This has been a difficult and unexpected problem that has caused us some frantic reworking of how our extensions activate over a short period. We are doing our best to correct the problem in a timely manor and it is our highest priority.  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...