close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I try to launch a any webassist behaviour but nothing happens.

Thread began 9/26/2014 11:08 am by Alexneg66 | Last modified 9/29/2014 9:41 am by Jason Byrnes | 1172 views | 3 replies |

Alexneg66

I try to launch a any webassist behaviour but nothing happens.

In Dreamweaver CC 2014 (but also Dw. CC) I tried to launch any webassist behaviour but nothing happens. No window appears. I tried with two Macs with 10.8.5 and 10.9.5 installed. Although I did not use these behaviours for some time, I have always used them. I do not understand the cause.
In particulary: I saved a new php page, created a form and selected, and then I tried to launch "Create Email Message". Nothing happens. The same thing if I try with other WA behaviours. What happened?
Thare are installed:
- Deprecated Panel Support
- AdobeExchange
- WA Data Bridge
- WA Design Extender
- WA Free Tools

I have already tried to remove and install again all the extensions more times...

From now, on one Mac (10.8.5) I cannot to do more attempts because when I launch the Adobe Extention Manager, it doesn't responding more. But I can always use the other one.

Many thanks for the help
Alessandro

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like the webAssist installer did not launch to finish installing the extensions

on installing the steps are:

Install the extension to the extension manager
open Dreamweaver, the WebAssist installer should launch to complete the installation, if it does not, open a php page to force the installer to launch
after the WebAssist installer completes, make sure to restart Dreamweaver.

Alexneg66

I have made all of this.
I always install extension through Extension manager (E.M.) and Dw closed and when it finished, close E.M. and launch Dw and wait that WebAssist installer complete the installation.
1. Are there some preference files or similars that I can delete?
2. I forgot to tell a thing: the annual Adobe licence fee expired and now I am in a trial month waiting I renew. Can be this the cause? Because this is the only thing that levels the two machines (MacBook Pro10.9.5 and Mac Pro10.8.5).
3. If the E.M. doesn't respond (as I said on Mac Pro10.8.5; E.M. window appears but the multicolor-cursor turns round until I kill it), what can I do?

Many thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Try uninstalling dreamweaver and the extension manager completely using the adobe cleaner tool
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

then installing again.

after you install dreamweaver and the extension manager, make sure to install the Deprecated server behaviors panel:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Server-behaviors-for-Dreamweaver-Creative-Cloud

then open Dreamweaver and ensure that you have the server behavior access points.

once the server behaviors are installed, close Dreamweaver and reinstall the WebAssist extensions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...