close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not getting my email results from my form

Thread began 9/26/2014 10:01 am by frank375703 | Last modified 9/27/2014 11:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 3573 views | 11 replies |

frank375703

Not getting my email results from my form

I have a online survey form I created and when I first tested it, I received an email with the results. As the client already has an appointment form on their site and has a custom email template formatted with their branding, I wanted to provide them with the same for this form. I am not receiving the email with results. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the link to the form I just created that I am not getting the results for: http://www.redbankradiology.com/survey.php
Here is the link to a previous form that is on their site and functioning correctly: http://www.redbankradiology.com/appointments.php

I found a pho email script online to use as a test to make sure I was getting email results. Here is the link to that. http://www.redbankradiology.com/samplemail.php

I received the email results from the sample above so the issue can't be my hosting server (i assume).

On my email results template (Blank_5_survey.php) after not getting my email results, i did change the the form name from "RBR_submit" to "RBR_submit_x" on line 6.

$remove[] = "RBR_submit_x";

On survey.php, line 4 i see this code:
if ((isset($_POST["RBR_submit"]) || isset($_POST["RBR_submit_x"]))) {

My client is pushing me to have this form up today. All I need to do is get the email results, which before I customized the email template, I did receive. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Frank

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

frank375703

Ok info is attached

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looks like you had an older cersion of the:
webassist/email/mail_php.php
webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php

files, i updated those files on the server and looks like the email is sending correctly now.

frank375703

ok great! Were the emails going to you because I don't have anything. I just tested the form and am waiting for my email.

frank375703

I have not received my email yet. been almost 10 minutes. i think something is still not right.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I see you have the from address set to:
info@test.com

most hosts require the from address to be a valid email address for the domain.

i also see you have left the SMTP Server and port empty, this may work for some hosts, but not for all. you should check with the host for the correct information to enter for the SMTP Server for sending an email using PHP.

frank375703

oh ok, ill put in a valid email from an employee there. hopefully thats it. ill let you know

frank375703

SUCCESS!! It was the BS email address I put in there. When I used a valid email address it came through within 2 minutes. I think the very first time i tested it I used a valid email address. I'm not sure why but i used info@test.com because they do not ask for an email in the survey. Its a medical related survey so i'm sure they can even ask for one. Because the form needs a valid email address and this form doesn't ask for one, what are my options? I can probably just add the client's info@redbankradiology.com account, but is there a way to make the email anonymous?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can set up a do not replay email address with the host and use that as the from address

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...